Australia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 10 months, we got an email from the immigration asking for one piece of information from us. We have provided the correct information today, after a few days, since it was not so hard to obtain it.

My lawyer says this is usually before they make the decision.

I have so much anxiety about this, just want it to end lol.

For those who were asked to provide more information (in relation to character, health assessment..) how long did it take to get the decision?

Thanks xx

·
Registered
896 Posts
I’ve seen a decision the next day in some cases and others taking more than a year. There is no fixed time frame.

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
After 10 months, we got an email from the immigration asking for one piece of information from us. We have provided the correct information today, after a few days, since it was not so hard to obtain it.

My lawyer says this is usually before they make the decision.

I have so much anxiety about this, just want it to end lol.

For those who were asked to provide more information (in relation to character, health assessment..) how long did it take to get the decision?

Thanks xx
I saw one recently that had this:

1st RFI: 11 Dec 2020
2nd RFI: 23 Jan 2021
Grant: 18 Feb 2021

With our own visas, one was about 5 months after the request, another just a few hours later.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Interesting info in this thread. We just missed our RFI deadline, but gave loads of evidence we were chasing it up.

Hong Kong police checks have been nearly impossible in our situation. I'm convinced we only got them processed because we knew a guy who knew a guy.

Outside of that the applicant needs a health check but is currently pregnant, so x-ray is out of the question. Also we have to cross several provinces to get to the approved clinic and we're currently in lockdown.

Hoping we'll get our deadline extension and a quick resolution once we provide the documents. I'm ready to come home.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is new police cert needed if not requested in the Request for More Information?

I'm wondering if we need to do a new AFP police certificate for my partner as it expires at the end of this month.

However, we got a Request for Information not long ago and they didn't ask for it.

We also got a letter before the request advising us to update police certs if they were issued more than 15 months ago and to do health checks but to ignore if all is provided.

I don't want to complicate things by providing his new police certificate if they didn't ask for it but I'm not sure... I'm assuming that they already looked at it and requested only the information they wanted?..:confused:

Thanks a lot. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts