Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am an Australian Citizen and am residing currently in India with my wife. She held a PR which expired in April 2016. She left Australia in December 2010. She kept visiting for few weeks across the years as I was still there and was last in Australia in January 2012. She had renewed her PR for five years then.

She moved to India as she wanted to start a business with her family. I was supportive and came along. For personal reasons we have decided to hand over the business back to family and return to Australia. I wanted to know if she would be eligible to apply for a resident return visa ? Is there any hope or would she have to go through as a new application.

·
Registered
794 Posts
With RRV's you usually have to prove residency (2 years out of last 5), however if she doesn't meet residency requirement personal ties to Australia are sufficient. Given that she is married to an Aus citizen this should not be too difficult. I don't imagine she would have any problems, just be sure to submit the personal ties evidence.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I was worried and could not come to a conclusion. Your response gives me some confidence that she could avail the RRV.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.