Australia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Forum Members

My PR has been expired recently, and I am offshore currently.
I moved to Aus for a brief period in early 2020 with my ex-spouse and child under visa category 189 (i was the main applicant)
i moved off shore pre-covid and we got divorced (offshore)

Now I want to relocate, and apply RRV. Since I have re-married and had another child, do i need to apply partner+child visa for my current spouse+child & wait for them to get it, or i can bring them on visit/tourist visa etc. and then apply her partner visa while they are onshore? so I keep them with me for this period. is there any possibility?

·
Registered
7,081 Posts
Dear Wrussel

Whats the procedure to find and consult with them?
Westly Russell is one of the two MARA registered migration agents that regularly post on this forum:

Westly Russell
Registered Migration Agent: 0316072
pinoyau.com

Paul Hand
Registered Migration Agent: 1801974
SunCoast Migration Ltd.
suncoastmigration.com

·
Registered
62 Posts
It sounds like the first thing to figure out is you can get a valid visa to come to Australia. If yours has expired, it seems unlikely you would be able to sponsor others for a visa.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
am i not able to apply RRV? and then sponsor my family
You need to be granted an RRV first and then look at sponsoring your family. As Westley says, some professional advice would be advisable to get this right.

·
Registered
62 Posts
am i not able to apply RRV? and then sponsor my family
You can apply, but why would they grant it to you? It appears you don't live in Australia and have an expired visa. I would get some professional assistance if you want to pursue this.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The RRV is for Australian residents whose travel facility has expired. To be eligible you need to have lived for a few years in Australia (or you need to prove substantial ties to Australia, which seems more difficult). From what you wrote, I gather you haven't lived in Australia for that long. So I don't think you would satisfy the criteria.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The RRV is for Australian residents whose travel facility has expired. To be eligible you need to have lived for a few years in Australia (or you need to prove substantial ties to Australia, which seems more difficult). From what you wrote, I gather you haven't lived in Australia for that long. So I don't think you would satisfy the criteria.
I have my child living in Australia (with ex-spouse)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts