Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Looking for some help on a rather complicated and messy situation.

My girlfriend and I are currently on a BVA as we were awaiting the outcome of our 457 application. She has lost her job and the nomination has been withdrawn. We will shortly withdraw our 457 application.

She is considering applying for student visa to undertake a 3-6 month business course, I would go on her visa as a defacto.

The course starts mid October however we need to leave Australia for approx. 10 days at the start of October before the course begins.. Can we do this if we have an application in for a student visa or have been granted a student visa? Our BVA would end when we leave the country.

Also if she does not complete her study can we cancel at any time and return home?

Thanks everyone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,849 Posts
Hey All,

Looking for some help on a rather complicated and messy situation.

My girlfriend and I are currently on a BVA as we were awaiting the outcome of our 457 application. She has lost her job and the nomination has been withdrawn. We will shortly withdraw our 457 application.

She is considering applying for student visa to undertake a 3-6 month business course, I would go on her visa as a defacto.

The course starts mid October however we need to leave Australia for approx. 10 days at the start of October before the course begins.. Can we do this if we have an application in for a student visa or have been granted a student visa? Our BVA would end when we leave the country.

Also if she does not complete her study can we cancel at any time and return home?

Thanks everyone.
From what you have posted, to leave the country and be able to return you would need to hold a bridging visa B that must be applied for onshore and for which applicants must hold a bridging visa A (even if not activated) or a bridging visa B.

It might pay you to consult a registered migration agent for advice about your options. `

Also if she does not complete her study can we cancel at any time and return home?
If you do this don't expect a refund.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply wrussell.

Our current BVA is due to end on 11th October.. We need to leave Australia on the 1st October and return on the 10th could we still get a BVB?

If we apply onshore for a student visa would we be granted a BVA until it's granted? If it is granted before the 1st October can we leave and re-enter as long as no classes are missed?

Very confused at the minute!
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top