Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am in the process of gathering together documents for the application of a partner visa later this year, but I have a question regards police checks. Both my wife and I worked in Vietnam, in a fairly rural area, for two years in 2015/2016. We have police checks from this period but am I, right in thinking they will no longer be valid?
This concerns me because getting updated police certificates from a fairly small city in Vietnam could prove to be very difficult for us.

Are Immi likely to be really strict about this? And is it possible that an immigration agent could help us get updated police checks? I am assuming that most people only upload their police checks once they have been requested, in case they expire during the application process!

Thanks,
Kian

·
Registered
173 Posts
No they wouldn't be valid - 12 months only - and yes they will insist unless you can demonstrate it is nearly impossible to get - tsunami or war zone will probably work :)

Otherwise you'll have to get them as police checks are required by legislation.

Equally difficult is obtaining PC from Bangkok (only place allowed according to Oz Embassy there)
when the son lives 600km away in a very small country village in Thailand!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Chrislane99,

Thanks for the reply...yeah that's what I feared. Have to do our best to get them posted to us but it will take a while. I don't think they are needed for the initial application though.

Kian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.