Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I entered Australia on a 676 tourist visa lasting 12 months , it's due to expire on the 13th of this month. I have been trying in vain to find a way of extending it.

I would like to be in Australia for Christmas as my mother lives here as do a lot of my family and my sister is coming over for Christmas too

I contacted a visa agent who doesn't recommend applying for the extension as it Probably won't be granted , it costs 335 dollars.

My gut tells me to give it a go and see what happens. I think it only takes one working day according to the website , I believe it's now a e600 visitor subclass visa. I have no ' no further stay' conditions attached to my visa.

My other option is flying home to the UK staying for a week an applying for an ETA and coming back for Christmas that way. I won't apply for the extension if it may effect my chances of getting the ETA

Does anyone have any advice / experience of 12 month stays being extended?

And would I have any problems getting the ETA with such a short turnaround.

I've stayed with parents the whole year , and can support myself during extension.

Hopefully someone. Can help thanks

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Australian Immigration Fact Sheet 52b. Waiving Visa Condition 8503 - "No Further Stay"

With an 8503 "no further stay" condition on your visa, you cannot apply for an extension. You could apply for a waiver of the condition 8503 but only if you had compassionate reasons and I really think IMHO you would be wasting your time and money.

You could leave Australia and then apply for an ETA and you could do that from say New Zealand, you wouldn't have to go all the way back to the UK. That is not to say they would have to grant an ETA but once you leave the country you could try.

Note this is just IMHO and you should seek professional advice.

Kttykat

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Australian Immigration Fact Sheet 52b. Waiving Visa Condition 8503 - "No Further Stay"

With an 8503 "no further stay" condition on your visa, you cannot apply for an extension. You could apply for a waiver of the condition 8503 but only if you had compassionate reasons and I really think IMHO you would be wasting your time and money.

You could leave Australia and then apply for an ETA and you could do that from say New Zealand, you wouldn't have to go all the way back to the UK. That is not to say they would have to grant an ETA but once you leave the country you could try.

Note this is just IMHO and you should seek professional advice.

Kttykat
OP actually have no NFS condition attached to the visa.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.