Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am on visitor visa - subclass 600(Family sponsored) , with conditions--> 8101(No work) and 8201 (max 3 month study). And I have also applied for partner visa 309, waiting for approval.I have no condition of 'No further stay' mentioned in my visa.
My visitor visa will be expiring soon. I wanted assistance on best options for further stay?
1. Is it we apply for extending my current visa or applying for the same visa subclass 600.
2.Will I be eligible for applying these while I am still staying in Australia before my visa expires? or do I have to leave the country

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Hello,

I am on visitor visa - subclass 600(Family sponsored) , with conditions--> 8101(No work) and 8201 (max 3 month study). And I have also applied for partner visa 309, waiting for approval.I have no condition of 'No further stay' mentioned in my visa.
My visitor visa will be expiring soon. I wanted assistance on best options for further stay?
1. Is it we apply for extending my current visa or applying for the same visa subclass 600.
2.Will I be eligible for applying these while I am still staying in Australia before my visa expires? or do I have to leave the country
Are you sure you have a family sponsored visitor visa and not just a standard tourist visa ?

If you did have a visitor visa under the sponsored family stream, conditions 8101, 8201, 8503, and 8531 would have been imposed. Even if they were not listed on the grant letter, they would still apply.

Condition 8531 especially is one to watch out for:

Non-compliance with condition 8531

A visa holder has not complied with condition 8531 if they do not leave Australia within the period of the visa to which the condition relates. It is irrelevant whether the visa holder remains in Australia lawfully or unlawfully or how long beyond the visa period they remain.

Non-compliance with condition 8531 may result in a 5 year ban during which time the sponsor cannot sponsor another applicant for an FA-600 visa in either the Sponsored Family stream or the Tourist stream. It also enables forfeiture of the security (if any) lodged under s269 of the Act in regards to the visa holder.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the information provided, it was very helpful.

Sorry it was standard tourist visa.As my husband,who is a PR holder, did not complete 2 years, we were not eligible for sponsored.

I have another query, there are 2 options when applying for visitor visa.
1.When you are in Australia($1045)
2.When you are outside Australia($140)

Right now, I am in Sydney. Since the cost of applying when I am here is high,if I go for applying outside the country, what are the clause for it?
Do I have to leave the country before the visa is processed? or is it fine to stay here until the visa is approved and just leave the country to some near by country and come back in a day or so?

Please help me with this.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Thank you for the information provided, it was very helpful.

Sorry it was standard tourist visa.As my husband,who is a PR holder, did not complete 2 years, we were not eligible for sponsored.

I have another query, there are 2 options when applying for visitor visa.
1.When you are in Australia($1045)
2.When you are outside Australia($140)

Right now, I am in Sydney. Since the cost of applying when I am here is high,if I go for applying outside the country, what are the clause for it?
Do I have to leave the country before the visa is processed? or is it fine to stay here until the visa is approved and just leave the country to some near by country and come back in a day or so?

Please help me with this.
The standard VAC for an onshore tourist visa application is $ 345.00 plus an extra $ 700.00 if you are subject to the subsequent temporary application charge.

To apply for a tourist visa offshore, you need to be offshore both at time of application and time of visa grant.

Reactions: swatijshetty
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.