Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm new to this forum. I arrived in Australia in early Jan on a 417 WH Visa. I submitted an 820 Partner Visa application online a couple of days ago (after several days of intensive admin) and have been granted a Bridging Visa A.

I've also been offered a job - with a possible start date in March after a couple of months traveling round Oz. The job is potentially permanent, and I'm trying to work out if I can definitely extend the working restrictions on my 417 visa?

Form 1445 says you can request an extension if you've applied for an 820 and you've been granted a Bridging Visa (tick), but it also says: "where permission is granted, it will generally be for a short period of time (days or weeks, not months)".

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience applying for a 1445 extension for more than a few weeks? My six months would take me to mid September and I would need to extend to early January.

We front-loaded our 820 application but I'm just assuming it won't have gone anywhere by then.

Any help anyone can offer would be much appreciated! This stuff is a total maze. Cheers!

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
I have heard of them being granted for months.

Maybe consult a RMA, it is not that much but they will have access to current policy and current trends.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Birdiepom,

How long did it take for your waiver to come through? I am going through the same process now but am tight on time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.