Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone ,
I have applied for my wife’s partner visa 309 and brought her here on tourist visa. Now Case officer mailed us to seek an appointment for the medical. But my wife is pregnant and i am quite aware of the fact that the visa will be postponed as she will not be able to get all her medical done in this situation. In such a case, can I request for extension of tourist visa.because her visa will be expired just a month before baby delivery. Can she give birth in Australia and stay with me and then request to progress for my partner visa after birth of baby. Please suggest me

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What date is the baby due?
its 27th of October.And my wifes visa expire at 22th of September.
I want to apply for extension but l dont know when to do it because 2 weeks before visa expiry would be to late leaving country in case of refuse.due to health issue of pregnant women.
Is that ok apply from now?

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Do some research on the airlines travel while pregnant policy.

If your wife were to depart Australia and return on the say 20th September, she will get another 3 month stay period - So 20th December.

I would not cut it that fine - but some planning and a doctors letter you wont need an extension (it actually a new application and a lottery).

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Most airlines require a doctor's note within a certain time frame of flying (usually ten days or so) clearing the mother to fly in the third trimester. Each airline is different though and make sure you're looking up information on international travel specifically.

So like ampk said, you can see what the must not make entry after date is and enter before then to reset the stay period. You still then need to consider what happens after. Even if she did the medical straight away after giving birth, there's no guarantee anyone will look at the case again right away. It could be months later so you have to consider what happens after that with her stay period quickly coming to an end.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
. my wifes visa expire at 22th of September.
I want to apply for extension but l dont know when to do it because 2 weeks before visa expiry would be to late leaving country in case of refuse.due to health issue of pregnant women.
What is the maximum stay period of her current visa?

There is no point applying for a new visa now, because if it is granted it will immediately replace the existing visa.You don't get an extension as such. You'd get a new visa with a new expiry date.

Even if the visa was refused, she'd still have 35 days to depart, but obviously you would not want her to be forced to leave with a new-born baby.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
It is 3 months Nick from another post they made. (eVisitor)

I would be having a plan b and c if I were the OP.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
. my wifes visa expire at 22th of September.
What is the maximum stay period of her current visa?

There is no point applying for a new visa now, because if it is granted it will immediately replace the existing visa.You don't get an extension as such. You'd get a new visa with a new expiry date.

Even if the visa was refused, she'd still have 35 days to depart, but obviously you would not want her to be forced to leave with a new-born baby.
Its a multiple stay 3 month on each arrival visa.l have already arranged for another travel and will be back after 5 days.
The problem is my wife is having hard pregnancy from now.she wil be look aftered better here.

What if we provide a letter by doctor says can not travel?does it make any difference?

Do we need the notify her circumstance while we applying for extension?

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
You are probably going to have to consult with a RMA, Your wife being pregnant is not a legal consideration for immigration and many would rather have a child born here for the same reasons as you.

But immigration can only work within legislation and policy, having to or wanting to have a birth in Australia does not fall within current policy or legislation for a Visitor Visa so it is impossible for it to be granted on those grounds.

A letter from a doctor stating travel is not allowed could lead to the only viable option being a Bridging Visa E application - but this visa is not nice to have and should be avoided if possible.

If you have endless cash you could apply for an 820, then cancel that after the 309 is decided but obviously that's costly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.