Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick intro,

My GF(24) is a Taiwan national. We've been together for over three years since I met her in Taiwan on a gap year. The long distance is really impacting us financially and emotionally so we would like to apply for an onshore partner visa asap. The problem is that she cant get a tourist visa , both 600 and 601.

So what happened was she came to Australia for a year on a WHV. A year later, we decided on getting a partner visa but felt we didn't have enough evidence to be approved so she applied for a fake 2nd year WHV offshore so we can build up our evidence. We submitted the application to the Aus government but we cancelled the application before it was processed. We discovered the problems that will arise if she got caught and decided it was definitely not worth it...

Since then , we've decided to just go ahead with an onshore partner visa. So we applied for 601 tourist visa to get her in Aus first but it was rejected without reason which is normal. We then escalated the issue to the Australian Consulate in Hong Kong who informed us to apply for 600 tourist visa which requires enough proof she will return to her home country. Being 24, she definitely does not have enough assets in Taiwan to make it seem like she will return to the country. The 600 was rejected. So again, six months after her WHV, she applied for another 601 visa again but it was immediately rejected. The travel agent told her that it was very strange that a 601 gets rejected automatically and told her that it might be that she has a warning against her name from the fake 2nd WHV visa.

I understand that it was our fault to send false documents to the government even though we cancelled the application.

Would be great if anyone could provide advice or similar experience to guide us through this situation.

I am currently in Sydney for work but will seek the advice of a migration agent and immigration lawyer once I head back to Canberra but advice from you guys may provide better answers

Cheers

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Please copy and post the rejection letter received.

When a visa is refused they tell you exactly why.
Obviously, make sure you remove any identifying info! But yes, good idea for us to see exactly why the said it was rejected.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Not sure if the fake WHV is playing a role in this, since it was withdrawn, but there are obviously concerns about her intentions and her ability to meet genuine visitor requirements.

A better way forward may be to apply for a PMV and apply for a tourist visa afterwards.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.