Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I applied family violence claim after 801 submitted due to sponsors family violence towards me. His disrespectful behavior it was getting frequent and threatening I had to call he police. After I called the police They confirmed I’m a victim since then I had to go through counseling and medical doctor about PTSD

I have submitted all requested document which meet a criteria that immi website represented

Does anyone know about visa processing about family violence claim?

I am a bit anxious and worried although I provided everything that I could.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
I guess it can vary a lot.

My ex claimed Domestic Violence. Even though she lost in court, she and her two kids some how managed to get Permanent Residency. It took about a year from the court date.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Do you know how long it takes to be assessed ? Have you seen anyone successful?
I'm sorry that you had to go through such experience.

It may take some time before IMMI get back to you, and if it isn't favourable , i,e., visa refused, you can take it to the tribunal for appeal. I'm not sure how long the process will take. Varies i guess from case to case.

But you've done everything you can for now, just, have faith, and patience. The case i had to go through was even more difficult to prove as it was family violence but not physical, it was psychological violence. Took almost one year for tribunal to hear the case , and decision was after 5 months.

I wish you the best :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for sharing experience of your family violence visa claim.
Can I ask before your tribunal your visa claim was refused by immigration? Can I ask why? Such as insufficient evidence or they don’t count your case as domestic violence ?

Thanks darling

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks for sharing experience of your family violence visa claim.
Can I ask before your tribunal your visa claim was refused by immigration? Can I ask why? Such as insufficient evidence or they don't count your case as domestic violence ?

Thanks darling
Most welcome :) Yes, before the tribunal, the 801 was refused. Few things, like didn't inform immigration of separation while on 820 (reason was trying to mend the relationship ). I won't go into details on here. And, yes, the reason like psychological violence was difficult to support. We didn't have a RMA or a lawyer coz could not afford one. Took free advise, hours of brainstorming and lots of research.

Truth always prevail, that has always been my principal. Lots of patience and perseverance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you so much! I applied 801 with evidences like dr letter and psychologist letter what kind of evidence did u submitt for 801? I’m so anxious:(. Cus I also did not have physical harm but a lot of intimidation occurred during relationship.

Anyway I’m so happy for you that you won the case!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thank you so much! I applied 801 with evidences like dr letter and psychologist letter what kind of evidence did u submitt for 801? I'm so anxious:(. Cus I also did not have physical harm but a lot of intimidation occurred during relationship.

Anyway I'm so happy for you that you won the case!!
that sounds about right, any supporting documents would help and explanation. Not much evidence for the 801 due to the relationship issues and lived separately.

thank you and i hope you get your grant :) don't worry too much coz it will only add to your stress. Theres nothing more you can do but wait patiently. You have done everything you possibly could , well done for that :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.