Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

I have applied for a PR with Family Violence provision (FV). I did some researching online, but I have not been able to find any good information that I am looking for.

As far as I know, the waiting period until the case is allocated to a case officer is about 6 - 9 months, and mine has not been allocated after 8 months.

My question is that if anyone here has been through this process how long did it take until you got the outcome from DIAC, or what is the percentage of being refused?

My FV is based on emotional/economic/mental/social abuse..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Amy,

I was speaking to someone about this recently and was told that 3 months was normal, where did you get your 6 - 9 month figure from? Have you been on a bridging visa for all that time?

Messy

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Amy,

I was speaking to someone about this recently and was told that 3 months was normal, where did you get your 6 - 9 month figure from? Have you been on a bridging visa for all that time?

Messy
Hello Messy

Thank you for the reply.

I got that figure from my visa agent recently - he said this categoly has been very work-overloaded and there is a big delay. It has been over 8 months for me now. Nothing at all from DIAC so far :( Very worrying.:(

·
Registered
10 Posts
My husband who is currently attempting this visa (fraudulently) was provided confirmation of his application and a case officer within 2 weeks in October last year.

It's my understanding that these visas are fast moving which would make sense since the reason is to allow immigrants who have found themselves victim to violence an alternative to staying with their sponsor.

I would be calling the department to get answers if I was you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.