Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all !

I tried to find help online for the male victims of Family Violence and I have hardly seen anything listed. The only one helpline listed for men is called mensline and that too is introduced to help the violent males to become calmer.

Its kind of unfortunate that one gender is totally seen as an aggressive party and there is hardly any help available for them. There is no denying in the facts that historically and in present times , women have been exploited more than men but does that mean the law always keeps the same perception in their minds when it comes to family violence cases?

I have seen many cases where family violence provisions are totally misused predominantly by one gender in order to obtain the Permanent Residence. But how about the other parties who are falsely accused ? How about their image in the society ? Many people goes into depression when they are falsely accused of something they never did. what about their families when their family and friends directly and indirectly question them about the allegations. so, the question is "Who is the victim in such cases? The one who falsely accused the other party and get benefits out of it or the one who is been falsely accused?"
I am not posting this to offend any person or gender as i believe that anyone can be a victim of a family violence regardless of their vulnerability to become one. while i am strictly not in the favour of family violence , i still think its unfortunately is a big part of the society and i really hope that the law takes every case according to its situation without having any perception that which gender has the history of being more violent than other. please feel free to share your comments and experiences and hopefully we all can help each other making it a peaceful planet to live on.
Thanks all ! :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.