Australia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Not a direct answer to the question you asked, but have you considered applying for an offshore partner visa (309/100)? You can then move when it is granted and she will have full working rights. No one can give you any certainty about timing, but in a lot of cases the offshore version is granted a lot faster than the onshore version.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I honestly think your best option would be the 820/801 onshore application if you need to both get over here by July. In my experience, the whole reason we did the 820/801 instead of the 309/100 is because of how long the processing times were (this was 3 years ago, so it may have improved since then). We didn't want to have to wait years until we could even get to Australia.
I can't estimate how the timelines are now, but my 309 was granted after 4.5 months, while people from the same country that went for the 820 had to wait over two years. But it sounds like the OP is on a very tight deadline so this may not be a good option.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.