Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask so I'm just trying my luck.

So after a few years in Australia I've managed to snag one of those SOL 189 visa application. The tricky thing is I have to fill in the form 80 for both of my parents.

My mom's fine, nothing wrong on it.

Here comes the problem with my dad. He overstayed his visa in Australia by... let's say around a decade. And had to leave Australia due to a family matter (so I'm guessing he got deported here). So right now I'm having problems filling out that form as I intend to come clean with the immigration regarding what happened.

My question is, on parts of the form where it says to fill in employment or address history how should I fill it? He doesn't remember all the places he used to live in nor intend to put in the place he used to work in as well because of obvious reason (cash in hand etc).

I'm hoping it won't affect my application negatively but yeah if anyone has any good advices do.. help? :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Why did he overstay his visa for a decade? I don't think they ask form80 for your parents. Maybe you got confused. You should definitely come clean about your father's situation and it won't look good.

·
Registered
774 Posts
If you are applying for the 189, you are the one who needs to do form 80; you don't need it for your parents.

Reactions: wrussell

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Your father is not included in your visa application so there is no need to submit a form 80 for him. You do need to provide his details (name, date of birth, etc.) on your form 80 though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Thanks guys!

I think there's nothing to really come clean about if I don't need to fill in form 80 for him fortunately :D

Yeah, I've left my mom and dad as part of my family unit. But apparently it's not needed? It makes thing a lot more straightforward.

Cheers guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.