Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi all. My partner is from Texas, and for her Partner Visa (subclass 820/801) application, she applied for her Identity History Summary Check through the FBI on September 26. The FBI's website states that mailed checks take 14 to 16 weeks to process; tomorrow is the 16 week mark.

However, given the current government shutdown situation in the US, will that shutdown affect this time span? If so, how much longer should we expect her Summary Check to take? Is there a number that we can call to check which applications they are processing at the moment?

Thanks!
If you go through an approved channeler, it can be as quick as within an hour or so for the FBI check. State checks are often only mailed and take a week or two in most states.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yes, but we did it through the mail for the FBI Check, as recommended elsewhere, and it's not a state check, that's why I'm wondering how long this check will take, given the shutdown.
There is probably no way to gauge how long the delay will be, but it apparently is affecting matters that take priority to police checks, so I'd prepare for a wait. Even if the shutdown is lifted, there will be a backlog to clear. Trump stated the shutdown could last for months if not years...and his base is still enamored by him.....

https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...-shutdown-threatens-national-security/580039/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.