Australia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just wondering if i need to apply and provide federal police clearance certificate for citizenship application or they will check it themselves ?

Apparently, i didn't find anywhere in application asking to provide it (haven't submitted it yet) rather they asked for consent to permit them to check it.

Please guide.

·
Registered
6,122 Posts
Hi, just wondering if i need to apply and provide federal police clearance certificate for citizenship application or they will check it themselves ?

Apparently, i didn't find anywhere in application asking to provide it (haven't submitted it yet) rather they asked for consent to permit them to check it.

Please guide.
No, unless requested to do so by the Department.

Only overseas police clearances are required if applicable.

·
Registered
24 Posts
No, unless requested to do so by the Department.

Only overseas police clearances are required if applicable.
Without a form from Aust Immigration, how should one asked the overseas police? Some police also deals with political cases and one maybe arrested for political offences let assume in Burma?
Another question is during PR application, one wrote to applicant's police department to seek clearance. After getting Aust PR, for holidays, every year one will return to own country to visit parents, siblings and friends for at least a month. After 4 years to apply for citizenship, is one maybe 30x4 = 120 days > 90 days in the same country. Will Aust Immigration ask for police clearance the second time from the Applicant's country?
Hope to hear more enlightenment on this

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1) You don't need a form from Aust immi to apply for police clearance of any country. If you are based in Aust at the moment, just contact the Embassy of country from where you need the police clearance and embassy will be able to assist you just like for visa etc. You don't need to sit in a plane and go to that country for grabbing police clearance. Meanwhile, if you have already applied for citizenship and asked for police clearance, just provide the transaction reference to immi of police clearance stating that you have applied for it and it will be available in xx days as per embassy.

2) Not sure but i believe that its required.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Is this what you have done in your case? I have a bit of doubt and wonder if the foreign Embassy in Australia wants get involved or helpful. It is a security or police matter between the applicant and the police. Secondly the Embassy will indirectly help the applicant will renounce and become citizen of another country. Lastly will Embassy to act for a foreign visitor who stay more than 90 days in the host country? But please do correct me if I am wrong

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am 200 % sure what i am saying is correct and have done it myself previously. Just think for a moment, WHATS THE ROLE OF EMBASSY ? Just issuing the Visas ??? Nopes ... Embassy is a support/bridge for many services that you require from a Countries department but unable to go there to get those services e.g. Visa, Police Clearance, Passport renewal, Federal Election Voting etc.

Refer to below link, last heading, UK embassy telling how to get UK Police Clearance certificate via embassy from Australia. Same goes for every country.
Character (embassy.gov.au)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Chips

I still dont understand and get the logic. You refer to below for a UK person wanting to stay longer in Australia. He goes to Aust High Commission to apply for a 12 months or more Visa and at the same time apply for UK police clearance in Aust High Commission. The Aust High Commission in UK is like an unpaid runner to UK Police. Wont it be easy for the UK person to apply to UK police? If there is a delay or oversight by Police, will the High Commission chase it?

BTW, why Country Embassy is doing it? I hope is the same Country Embassy as yours.

Refer to below link, last heading, UK embassy telling how to get UK Police Clearance certificate via embassy from Australia. Same goes for every country.
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
128 Posts
For some countries the only way to get a police check for that country while in Australia is via their embassy. For others it's an online application via that countries police department.
Also there are some countries which don't do either..
It just depends on which country

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Chips

I still dont understand and get the logic. You refer to below for a UK person wanting to stay longer in Australia. He goes to Aust High Commission to apply for a 12 months or more Visa and at the same time apply for UK police clearance in Aust High Commission. The Aust High Commission in UK is like an unpaid runner to UK Police. Wont it be easy for the UK person to apply to UK police? If there is a delay or oversight by Police, will the High Commission chase it?

BTW, why Country Embassy is doing it? I hope is the same Country Embassy as yours.

[/QUOTE]
Every country is not having police department like uk to provide online police clearance ... for those countries, embassy is the only option like Sammy wrote. Don't think so much that why embassy is doing or not doing, just contact the embassy if you are unable to get from police department of a particular country who do not offer online services. Once you have applied, you can send payment receipt to immi to inform that you have applied and waiting for result.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts