Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! altruistic humans helping others!
Firstly, thanks for your time.

Secondly, I've applied for a 'Partner or Prospective Marriage Visa (300,309/100,820/801)' last 26th of July, 2015 and havent heard of anything at all. I just want to know if there's anything I can do about it? How does it work? You just hear nothing from them until what? You'd get an email? A phone call? A granted visa notification (couldnt believe it!)...

I just want to be the most ready i can by the time they decide to say 'Hello, my name is John from immigration office australia'.....

Anyway...I'll appreciate any sort of tranquillizer comment for me and my girlfriend (wife actually..)...

Thanks!!!

Bye everyone

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
You most likely will hear nothing until about 12 months after you lodged your application. You will get an email asking for some extra documents, normally updated police check or medical checks (if yours already expired by then).

Of course every case is different. Who knows you are the lucky one that get a grant quickly? Just be patient.

·
Registered
326 Posts
What visa did you apply for? The 300 Prospective Marriage, or the 309 Offshore Partner or the 820 Onshore Partner?

It's normal not to hear anything for a good long while, if you are assigned a Case Officer and they are happy/unhappy, you will just hear when it's granted/refused, if they need any more documents or checks you will hear then, and need to provide them.

I applied almost a year ago, and haven't heard anything... I'd settle in for a long wait.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What visa did you apply for? The 300 Prospective Marriage, or the 309 Offshore Partner or the 820 Onshore Partner?

It's normal not to hear anything for a good long while, if you are assigned a Case Officer and they are happy/unhappy, you will just hear when it's granted/refused, if they need any more documents or checks you will hear then, and need to provide them.

I applied almost a year ago, and haven't heard anything... I'd settle in for a long wait.
ive applied for the 820 onshore partner!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.