Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Deavo here,
I'm new to this and I'm finding this site to be useful,
What i want to know is why would it take Australia 6 months to do a character assessment check on a high risk applicant and from what i heard in some cases only few weeks from a low risk country,?? the visa I'm going for is PMV..(subclass 300)

I'm from Bosnia and the embassy in Vienna said it would take 6 months till character assessment are done in Australia before they can have a look at our application.. Application papers were sent 2 months ago and medical was done and sent at the same time as visa application.
In the meantime i will have an interview in just over a month, so how would they be able to make a judgment on our case if they wont even look at it till the character assessment is complete and all good(early next year)..?
I'm just a little confused on all this and want to be with my fiancee a soon as possible.
Is there anyone out there who can advise us on how long after their interview , was the visa granted??
thanks

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
If you have a look at the sticky thread #1 deavo you'll see some posters have put in their visa application experiences.

But as much as there are standard immigration regulations, there'll still be the variations based on high/low risk, workload [and even just the last two threads here show someone in Australia waiting for a CO whereas someone else got granted a visa without even an appointment, that quite amazing to me.] and staffing situation at any given time in the department if people are off sick or on various other leave, at courses etc.

There's not just a box sitting in the basement that they can go and pull another rabbit, err read that as immi officer out of any time they need one.

It'd be easier if you asked 'why is the pope a catholic?'

And the fact that you have an interview in a month, just three months after putting the application in could mean there has just been something of a misunderstanding in communication.

I'm not privy to internal workings of immi but essentially the applicant has to provide the police check and that forms the basis of the character assessment.

I do not think anybody is going to be taking 6 months to ring around your Bosnian town/city to see how many black marks they can put against your name.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.