Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm from US and came over to Australia on a WHV to be with my mom (She is a PR for 5 years) and experience this beautiful country. I've fallen in love with Australia and just happen to meet and fall in love with an Aussie guy. We've been together for 7 months and shortly after meeting decided to move in together. Unfortunately my visa expires in December and every option we thought we had is running into a dead end. I thought I would be able to get a 2nd year WHV no problem but come to find they don't grant Americans them. Also, looked into my mother sponsoring me but seeing as I'm 27 that disqualifies me for that option. Also, thought my partner and I would be able to go to New Zealand for a holiday when my visa expires and then return to Australia on a tourist visa for 3 months and then that would fulfill the 12 month requirement for applying for the partner visa. But as it looks like it, it might be very difficult to obtain a tourist visa as I've just had 12 months in the country. So as you can see, I've been down a few avenues but keep coming to a dead end. It's been very stressful as I only have a short time till it expires and we would like to be apart as little as possible. My partner wouldn't be able to relocate either as he has, as funny as it sounds but no joke, a crippled chihuahua who depends on him to express her bladder :) It really proves his love and compassion hence one of the many reasons I fell in love with him! So please if anyone out there has any information/advice for us we would greatly appreciate it! I'm very happy to have already gotten so much useful information from this forum, but still in search of options which suit us!! Thanks much!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.