Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Just wanted to share my experience in the hopes that it could assist anyone out there going through the same process that my fiancé and I are. I also have some small hope that there may be others of you out there going through the same thing that might I might be able to glean some advice from.

I am an Australian citizen, my partner is a Fijian citizen, and in February of 2014 we applied for the PMV subclass 300 visa.

We are a genuine couple, with a child together to boot. We have been successful in attaining a tourist visa for her and she has spent 2 months in Australia over the period we have been waiting.

The documents we have produced on top of the application form include:
• photos of us together
• medical checks (without any issues)
• Police checks (without any issues)
• The form regarding whether or not she is related to any member of the military or government
• essay length letters supporting our claims and attesting to our relationship from both myself and her
• travel documents from my trips to fiji and her trip to Australia
• documentation from my time living in fiji
• Stat decs from her family confirming our relationship
• my asset details, bank statements, pay advices etc
• her asset details, bank statements, pay advices etc
• letters of support from mutual friend, an australian citizen who was living with me while I was in Fiji
• the successful TV application and that she returned to Fiji as per the stipulations
• additional information documents showing that we have a child together ( he is now 2 months old :) )
• submitted further information i.e. photos, travel documents etc post application and post being assigned with a CO
• marriage celebrant confirmation of wedding date (twice... as they have taken so long that the first booking had to be missed)

As I just mentioned, we have been assigned a CO and this was done at the end of June.

This waiting game is so horrible, being separated from my fiancé and child, that at times it can become unbearable.

In terms of advice, to keep this post shorter than the essay I may write, I'll post it in the comments.

Cheers, and thank you for any comments, advice or otherwise you choose to give :)

Sunny

*edit*
I should also say, to clarify, that we are still waiting on any notification from our CO as to a result

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
The best advice I could give to any future applicant from Fiji is the following:

• Head to TTServices in Mid City, Suva, or your respectful town, and get all of the forms. Get at least 2 copies of the forms if you can.
• Be aware that in terms of assistance, the staff there cannot help you in any way other than to advise you of what is on the form (unless you get lucky from what I've heard)
• Make sure you set aside some time (a weekend or two at least) to get the bulk of your information and documentation ready
• Get copies of all of your identifying documents for yourself and your partner together asap and get multiple copies signed by a JP for each document
• Sit down with your partner and collate the information you need as quickly as possible, as you need to be aware that this is most likely going to be a long process, where you may not even be assigned a CO for 6 months
• you need to wait, to get your medical and police checks, untilyou have been assigned a CO, so in the mean time, get the forms and familiarise yourself with the process
• be aware that the medical check will cost you, as well as the police check if you want it to be expedited
• gather as many photos, invitations to events, hotel bookings, travel itineraries, receipts for these things etc. as you can, and continue to gather it throughout your application process until the time that you are hopefully granted a visa

That's it for now off the top of my head and I will attempt to add more as and when I can :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also... I can't believe the timing but.... *Update*.....

As of 5 minutes ago, my migration agent has said that immigration apparently 'hasn't received documents or that they can't access the documents on their system'! They just contacted my agent to ask them to send information we sent through in MARCH!

Wtf?!

·
Super Moderator
2,109 Posts
Also... I can't believe the timing but.... *Update*.....

As of 5 minutes ago, my migration agent has said that immigration apparently 'hasn't received documents or that they can't access the documents on their system'! They just contacted my agent to ask them to send information we sent through in MARCH!

Wtf?!
Can't be specific on Fiji but most other places take about 8 to
12 months to issue a visa. High risk places can take up to 2 years!
Just checked the High Commission website and they are quoting 12 months.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can't be specific on Fiji but most other places take about 8 to
12 months to issue a visa. High risk places can take up to 2 years!
Just checked the High Commission website and they are quoting 12 months.
Hi aussiesteve,

Yeah that is what my migration has advised.

Although I am enthusiastic about the fact that they are asking about certain documents now... hopefully this means they are summarising all the information so that the CO can process it and approve it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.