Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all i just submited for my online 309 visa and as I was nervous I uploaded a couple files into categories where they werent very relevant (there were so many categories i started uploading without looking through all of them first) so i decided to reupload into the right category. I now have 43/60 attachments and i'm done uploading everything except for health/police checks plus any other documents they may request. I noticed my sponsor tab also has 60 attachments however i've only uploaded 7 requested for him but he does have an "Other" category.

My question is, in case they request more files and i run out of attachments under the applicant tab, could i continue uploading documents under the sponsor tab?

I'm just nervous about this whole process and i spent months preparing i hate to think i messed up the upload process even though i am kicking myself for not looking closely into all categories before attaching documents :( there were big files i had like bank statements scans + translations even if compressed i had to split them up hence why i have a high number of uploads. i did of course try to put things together like photos, skype chats, etc into single pdf files to occupy less space

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
The categories are irrelevant. You shouldn't be uploading the same documents more than once though. I would hesitate to use up all the upload space on the applicant side as I have read of the sponsorship upload section closing for some people.

Even if you uploaded everything under one category, the documents would be there for a CO to see. These people do this for a living. They are smart enough to know what evidence covers what.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Even if you uploaded everything under one category, the documents would be there for a CO to see. These people do this for a living. They are smart enough to know what evidence covers what.
Your are being very generous, but I agreee with your overall comments.

The system has been greatly improved lately, as you can now upload multiple documents under each sub- category.

It's no problem to add documents under the sponsor if there is no more room under the applicant.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yikes ok I definitively uploaded evidence more than once because i thought it was a good fit under two different categories for example evidence of residential address and evidence of living together cause surely my apartment contract applies to both but just upload it under one category? i was confused

I'll try to save up my remaining 17 attachments for any other documents they might require and hope its enough if not yes i hope im still able to attach things under the sponsor

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
"Send each document only once. For example, if you are using your dependent's birth certificate to prove their identity and to prove their relationship to you, only send the certificate once."

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav...Pages/partner/If-you-are-applying-online.aspx

This is what I meant by irrelevant. There is no strict guideline on what must go in each category, but they tell you not to send things more than once even if it goes in more than one category. It's very subjective, so just pick the one you want.

Have you submitted everything you wanted to submit bar police checks and medical?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"Send each document only once. For example, if you are using your dependent's birth certificate to prove their identity and to prove their relationship to you, only send the certificate once."

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav...Pages/partner/If-you-are-applying-online.aspx

This is what I meant by irrelevant. There is no strict guideline on what must go in each category, but they tell you not to send things more than once even if it goes in more than one category. It's very subjective, so just pick the one you want.

Have you submitted everything you wanted to submit bar police checks and medical?
Yes essentially everything just wanted to attach another file showing flight and hotel bookings under the social category but other than that I am done. if I sent a few duplicates under different categories because in my mind it was relevant to that category and i wanted to make sure the file was there (again i didn't know to just attach the doc once), will it be a big problem??
theres about 4-5 duplicates i sent already, too bad i cant delete the files :/ and i know i should have researched more about it before doing the uploading but the whole category system is very confusing

·
Registered
139 Posts
Don't stress, if you've sent the same document twice at least you know they'll definitely see it :). The only issue would be if you ran out of space to attach further documents - but you still have 17 to go.

To avoid running out of space I sometimes combine multiple documents into one PDF (for example multiple bank statements). Just a tip for anyone who might be reading this and still putting their application together! (It seems you have done this already).

Lisa Ira (LLB.BA.GDLP)
Principal Migration Consultant (MARN 1467616)
Proxy Migration

e: [email protected]
w: www.proxymigration.com.au

Disclaimer: This message is general in nature does not constitute migration or legal advice and should not be relied upon. To provide you with migration advice, we need to consult with you to obtain your full information and circumstances. If you wish to receive migration advice please email us to arrange an appointment.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't stress, if you've sent the same document twice at least you know they'll definitely see it :). The only issue would be if you ran out of space to attach further documents - but you still have 17 to go.

To avoid running out of space I sometimes combine multiple documents into one PDF (for example multiple bank statements). Just a tip for anyone who might be reading this and still putting their application together! (It seems you have done this already).

Lisa Ira (LLB.BA.GDLP)
Proxy Migration

Disclaimer: This message is general in nature does not constitute migration or legal advice and should not be relied upon. To provide you with migration advice, we need to consult with you to obtain your full information and circumstances. If you wish to receive migration advice please email us to arrange an appointment.
Thank you Lisa :) if i need to upload more documents i'll make sure to combine them

·
Registered
139 Posts
No worries, good luck with your application!

Kind regards

Lisa Ira (LLB.BA.GDLP)
Proxy Migration

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.