Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I will be applying for his visa 309. I want to make sure everything is set out accordingly to the Australian government laws.

We married 2 years and 5 months ago.
We have known each other for 3 years and 8 months.
We happily have a 22-month-old daughter

I am not working at the moment. I am looking after bubs. We are in Cyprus. If it is approved we will be living with my mother. Our plan is to arrive and for me to begin working as a teacher again. My husband (the sponsored party) wants to begin work straight away. He speaks English and is a white-collar worker as well. We have to work to support our family and build up for a house deposit.

Do I have to fill out form 40SP?

I am thinking ahead and wondering how this would look to an officer that would approve/disapprove the visa application. A mother looking after her baby says she will sponsor her husband, but isn't working at the moment. Should I explain our living situation and our plans somewhere in our application? Or in an attachment?

·
Registered
972 Posts
My husband and I will be applying for his visa 309. I want to make sure everything is set out accordingly to the Australian government laws.

We married 2 years and 5 months ago.
We have known each other for 3 years and 8 months.
We happily have a 22-month-old daughter

I am not working at the moment. I am looking after bubs. We are in Cyprus. If it is approved we will be living with my mother. Our plan is to arrive and for me to begin working as a teacher again. My husband (the sponsored party) wants to begin work straight away. He speaks English and is a white-collar worker as well. We have to work to support our family and build up for a house deposit.

Do I have to fill out form 40SP?

I am thinking ahead and wondering how this would look to an officer that would approve/disapprove the visa application. A mother looking after her baby says she will sponsor her husband, but isn't working at the moment. Should I explain our living situation and our plans somewhere in our application? Or in an attachment?
I believe form 40SP is a part of the application online. I think you explain your relationship in the nature of your relationship.

·
Registered
794 Posts
A sponsorship application (all done online now, no paper 40SP anymore) is a requirement for the 309/100 visa. Whether you're working or not is irrelevant to your ability to sponsor your husband. Partner sponsorship is based on how genuine your relationship is - if anything your situation of you staying home to look after bubs while your husband works to support you proves that you're in a supportive partnership. It's all positive - you've nothing to worry about in that regard. You can put all that in the narrative questions of the sponsor application.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We were requested by our CO to enter a 40SP paper form despite filling out the online application form which is nearly identical to it.

The online application and the paper form are still slightly different, as you point out that you need to provide employment details and supporting evidence (pay slips, tax assessment notices etc) for the past two years in the 40SP - I don't remember the online application asking for it explicitly.
My guess is that if the CO is specifically interested in your financial arrangement then they might request it on top of your online application? Or we just happen to have a more demanding CO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.