Australia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there :),

I just started the preparation for the Australian citizenship (still about 3weeks to go) and on the page 6 it shows this message:

''Residence eligibility Warning: The applicant may not currently meet the general residence requirement criteria to apply for conferral of Australian citizenship.
Use the Residence Calculator to check when the applicant will have been in Australia long enough to be eligible for Australian citizenship or contact us.
If the applicant is seeking a residence exemption or discretion, and has documentary evidence to support their claims, proceed with Residence exemption or discretion.

Based on information held on Departmental systems the applicant does not meet the general residence requirements. A residence exemption or discretion may be applicable to the applicant's circumstances. Applicants must consider this information carefully to determine if a residence exemption or discretion is applicable to their circumstances.
See Exemptions and discretions to the residence requirement
If seeking a residence exemption or discretion, documentary evidence to support the applicant's claims must be attached to the application for the residence exemption or discretion to be considered. If documentary evidence is not attached, it cannot be considered. If the applicant does not meet the general residence requirement and does not provide documentary evidence to support a residence exemption or discretion, the application will be refused''

Now, the only thing I want is to see what documents are necessary (like Police check, Identity declaration etc.) and to prepare them.

🤔The question is, can I go beyond page 6 and see what is required next without submitting the form before the eligible date?

Thank you in advance
:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts