Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys , we are filling our PMV application ,need some help answering those questions :

1)Do the applicant and the sponsor have a mutual commitment to a shared life as a married couple, or as de facto partners to the exclusion of all others? Yes or No
does that mean if we are in a committed shared life or willing to ?
*Date applicant and sponsor committed to a shared life together to the exclusion of all others. which date is this ?

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
I put yes and our engagement date but some people put the date they started dating. That was how we interpreted the question at the time and I've seen mixed answers. But when I think about how this app is the same used for PMV and de facto/spouse, that question seems more relevant for establishing the date the de facto or spouse relationship began, whereas there is no requirement to be de facto for the PMV and often applicants are not so (we weren't de facto at the time). My 300 was granted with no issues.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I put yes and our engagement date but some people put the date they started dating. That was how we interpreted the question at the time and I've seen mixed answers. But when I think about how this app is the same used for PMV and de facto/spouse, that question seems more relevant for establishing the date the de facto or spouse relationship began, whereas there is no requirement to be de facto for the PMV and often applicants are not so (we weren't de facto at the time). My 300 was granted with no issues.
Sky makes a really good point here.

I have seen a lot of people put different significant dates for this question.

I put the date of when my fiance and I made our relationship official on social media (as we had proof to back it up). I would not have called our date at the time de facto by any means, but we did not feel comfortable putting our engagement date as it was about 2 years later, and in our opinion for our relationship - 2 years before that we felt it was when we started a shared life together to the exclusion of all others.

PMV granted in less than two months with no issues.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you guys , i also have 2 more questions :
1) in the applicant required documents : Two of Form 888 – Statutory declaration.
my partner says this is only for Australian citizen to fill ,so some one from her side ..what about me ( the applicant ), do i need 2 persons from my side to write somthing like this as well ?

2) should we attach all the documents for (applicant and sponsor ) from my immi account before we submit the application, or should i submit the applicant documents from my immi account then sponsor will submit her documents ? or how should it work , im just confused.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
1. Only 2 are required. They need to be from people that know both of you and know of your relationship so it doesn't matter which "side" they come from.

2. You can't upload any documents until the app is submitted and paid for. Doesn't matter how you do it when you get to it. I submitted all the required documents under my name and my partner (sponsor) submitted any of his required docs under his name (identity info, police check, etc). Some people submit everything under ome name. As long as everything is clearly labeled, it doesn't matter (e.g., "sponsor_policecheck" and "applicant_policecheck" and so on).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.