Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

So I finally got a email off the government asking for more information which is my medical ( I have it booked next week) and 2 police checks which is myself and my partners, we both have police checks but they are about a year old? Do they mean they want more updated ones or have I just not uploaded them in the right place?

Oh this for subclass 820

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My Partners one is valid till 19th May shall I just get him a updated one? The email said I just had to get a police check but his came up like this:

Sponsor - character requirements- national police check? And as I applied online there is the sub category on his sponsorship application that is called character assessment, evidence to obtain and it says police certificate receipt. So maybe if I get him a new one and upload the receipt that might be useful.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Life would be much easier if the CO was specific and just stated if UPDATED checks were required.

How did you originally upload them? Were they clearly labeled files and did you upload them separately (so one pdf was "applicant_FBIcheck" (as an example) and one pdf was "Sponsor_AFPcheck")?

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
If they are still within the 12 month validity, you can always upload them again and with a note to the CO saying as such but new ones can be done if required. Maybe they'll give you some clarification.

Or to be on the safe side, just do them all over again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The Police Check Form has no valid date but as I said the Case Officer will require you to update ones within 6 months. Just do it. Cheer!

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
The Police Check Form has no valid date but as I said the Case Officer will require you to update ones within 6 months. Just do it. Cheer!
And where exactly does that information come from? It's listed all over the immigration website that the validity is 12 months from the date on the police check. I've never seen 6 months for anything.

My partner's was within days of hitting the 12 months and my visa was granted with no issues and without him having to supply a new one. Likewise, my own police check was over 10 months old and I was also not asked to do another. Visa granted no issues.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Shouldn’t you get the new updated information? Since the DIBP has changed to Home Affair Ministry, and new electronic visa system is not applied completely , though more than 500 staffs were dismissed. Almost visa subclasses are taken longer time for processing. Other documents will be concerned!

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
In the three years I've been reading this forum, I've seen some of the fastest processing times ever... with both onshore and offshore applications finalized within weeks to 2 or 3 months.

Updated info? I applied all online so not like it was that long ago. My most visa finalized just a year and a half ago.

You still have no proof to your claim of police checks only being valid for 6 months.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Shouldn't you get the new updated information? Since the DIBP has changed to Home Affair Ministry, and new electronic visa system is not applied completely , though more than 500 staffs were dismissed. Almost visa subclasses are taken longer time for processing. Other documents will be concerned!
My police check only had 6 months left on it and my 309 was granted last week...in 36 days. Grants are flying in from around the world whether it's Canada, the UK, Berlin etc. Even the 820/801 applications are being granted in what appears to be record times.

Not sure where you are getting your information.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Yes. 75% of applications are expected to be processed in 20 months and 90% in 24 months.

Does this mean a 20-24 month wait? No. Only an estimated 15% will take that long.

An app processed in 1 day would fall into the category of 75% processed in 20 months. Apps we've seen processed in 2 or 3 months by posters on this forum also fall into that 75% category.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Yes. 75% of applications are expected to be processed in 20 months and 90% in 24 months.

Does this mean a 20-24 month wait? No. Only an estimated 15% will take that long.

An app processed in 1 day would fall into the category of 75% processed in 20 months. Apps we've seen processed in 2 or 3 months by posters on this forum also fall into that 75% category.
Read this morning it's 17-24 months now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.