Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm finally filling out my 801 (was eligible in January but we've had stuff going on).

It's asking me for other forms of ID and one of the options is marriage certificate. Do people usually include details of their marriage certificate here?

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A couple more questions:

1. Where it asks if I have any other family in Australia, I assume this is not my husband or any of his family?

2. We are hoping to move to the UK, but because of the complicated visa rules we're not sure if this will work out. I feel like I have to mention this in my application as my flight is already booked. Can I say that we're hoping to move there to be closer to my family, but if it doesn't go to plan, we will return to Australia? If it doesn't work out, I'm likely to know before they're even thinking about granting my PR so my address would be an Australian one.

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
We didn't fill in our marriage certificate on the 801 - that was done on the 820. We had both our passports and for my husband his country has a national ID so we completed that as well.

Re: family in Australia - that is for the applicant, so for my husband we answered no because only my family is living in Australia.

re: moving to the UK - it is best to be honest with them about your intentions for the relationship. You will need to mention things like when your husband will be moving with you etc. My advice is if he is not coming with you straight away to regularly upload evidence of communication while apart.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately he can't come with me straight away unless I already have a job offer there :( That's seeming unlikely as I go in a matter of weeks so he'll have to wait in Australia until I get a job and then the visa gets processed. It really sucks. Makes the Australia system look sensible and that's saying something!

So do I put the bit about moving to the UK in our commitment to each other or the changes in the relationship since the other visa was granted (not a lot has changed since May!)?

Also, where we intend to live in Australia... Technically if we stay in Australia, we intend to live in Victoria but should I be putting "External Territory" or "Other"?

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
I would put it in the section about your future plans.

I would leave where you plan to live as Australia for the moment as you have not decided if you will return to Australia or not.

I have heard that the UK system is quite hard - I heard of someone refused because the sponsors divorce certificate was not provided. However, their processing times are quite fast compared to ours.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry, what do you mean by "I would not leave where you plan to live in Australia"? Are you saying that I should put "Other"?

And also, future plans, you mean the section about commitment?

Yeah processing times are much faster but they're still longer than they were a year ago and it's also getting more expensive. A year ago, I could have paid extra money and got the visa in 15 working days but it's closer to 30 now. I'm also worried about my application because I get salary packaging which makes proving how much I earn that little bit more difficult.

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
It means just put Victoria (or which state you live in) as your plans to live in the UK are not concrete yet.

Yeah I would put it in the commitment section.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok cool thanks for your help.

I haven't been around here half as much recently, but I assume wait times are still 18-24 months?

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is it ok if my statements are fairly similar to what I wrote before? Really not that much has changed except for the fact that we got a new car.

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
I don't see a problem with them being similar, in all honesty I think immigration looks at the evidence more than the statements.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well we have plenty of that! If they don't believe we're a couple when literally everything we do comes out of one bank account, I don't know who they would believe! :D

I've written for the thing about the UK:

"We are hoping to move to the UK but due to the complicated visa process, we don't know if this will be possible."

What do you think? I want them to grant my PR but I want to be honest about our intentions!

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My friend has written that she's excited for us to stay in Australia in her stat dec. Everything else she's said is great and I think she's just hoping we'll stay (she does know we're planning to move). Should I be concerned?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.