Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys

Just hoping for some advice on how i can complete the Financial aspects part of the partner visa application the applicant My Girlfriend is currently on a tourist visa in Australia we have been together for 2 years and obviously cannot work

I have supported her Financially the whole time we have been together. I have all evidence/receipts of money that i have sent to her account but am abit stuck as to how i can show we both provide financially when its all provided by myself and we are just following the rules of the tourist visa

Thanks for the Help

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hey Guys

Just hoping for some advice on how i can complete the Financial aspects part of the partner visa application the applicant My Girlfriend is currently on a tourist visa in Australia we have been together for 2 years and obviously cannot work

I have supported her Financially the whole time we have been together. I have all evidence/receipts of money that i have sent to her account but am abit stuck as to how i can show we both provide financially when its all provided by myself and we are just following the rules of the tourist visa

Thanks for the Help
My partner and I are in the same situation and I have been the sole provider during our 3-year relationship.

If you don't both contribute financially then obviously you can't show that you both contribute financially. Just tell it as it is, describe how and why you are the sole provider.

Every relationship is different and there are many relationships where only one partner is the provider. It's not that uncommon.

You can still have a joint bank account and get utilities or a lease put in both names.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My partner and I are in the same situation and I have been the sole provider during our 3-year relationship.

If you don't both contribute financially then obviously you can't show that you both contribute financially. Just tell it as it is, describe how and why you are the sole provider.

Every relationship is different and there are many relationships where only one partner is the provider. It's not that uncommon.

You can still have a joint bank account and get utilities or a lease put in both names.
Hey thanks for the reply yeah i get you so what do you think i should show in that section then obviously write a statement explaining the financial situation between the two of us for the last 2 years but what evidence would i show just maybe all the money/receipts of when i have transferred her money into her bank account we live at a house owned by my parents so their is no way of showing a lease and so on.

so im thinking just a detailed explanation of how we do it financially like shes had 2 3 month tourist visas and now has a 1 year tourist visa so she isnt allowed to work which makes this section very hard to show how we "share" financially

thanks alot for your help

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hey thanks for the reply yeah i get you so what do you think i should show in that section then obviously write a statement explaining the financial situation between the two of us for the last 2 years but what evidence would i show just maybe all the money/receipts of when i have transferred her money into her bank account we live at a house owned by my parents so their is no way of showing a lease and so on.

so im thinking just a detailed explanation of how we do it financially like shes had 2 3 month tourist visas and now has a 1 year tourist visa so she isnt allowed to work which makes this section very hard to show how we "share" financially

thanks alot for your help
Yes, do a printout of all the transfers to her bank account.

How do you pay for food?

Open a joint bank account and make the transfers into that account then you can eventually do a printout of transactions for expenses paid from that account. Get a card for the joint account and use the card for payment wherever possible.

Do you pay rent for the house?

Do you pay for utilities?

Where you do pay, you can include receipts. Where you don't pay you will need a statement from your parents as to that they pay.

You will need to do a financial statement for Immigration to describe accurately how you manage your household expenses. State that she doesn't work as she is here as a tourist and she doesn't have savings to contribute to the income pool.

Also, don't forget to each make a will with the other partner being the beneficiary for your estate and for any insurances such as funeral insurance or life insurance. You can buy will kits online or use a free template and print them our and get them witnesssed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, do a printout of all the transfers to her bank account.

How do you pay for food?

Open a joint bank account and make the transfers into that account then you can eventually do a printout of transactions for expenses paid from that account. Get a card for the joint account and use the card for payment wherever possible.

Do you pay rent for the house?

Do you pay for utilities?

Where you do pay, you can include receipts. Where you don't pay you will need a statement from your parents as to that they pay.

You will need to do a financial statement for Immigration to describe accurately how you manage your household expenses. State that she doesn't work as she is here as a tourist and she doesn't have savings to contribute to the income pool. agree

Also, don't forget to each make a will with the other partner being the beneficiary for your estate and for any insurances such as funeral insurance or life insurance. You can buy will kits online or use a free template and print them our and get them witnesssed.
thanks for the quick response yep all receipts of money sent to her account i have collected

with food yes it is mostly paid by cash as i get paid in cash though at times has been paid with card but mostly cash so how could i show this??

yeah i was thinking about the joint bank account but my goal is to submit the visa before xmas and if i open a joint bank account now its wont have much history their ive stated in the write up im doing for financials that my gf has access to my debit card and also their is always money for her when she needs to go shopping and so fourth

In regards to the house my parents own it yes i do pay them a small amount of money each month though again i pay this in cash, i am already getting them to write a stat dec each saying how we stay here and that they allow it for as long as we need etc

Yeah i have stated something similar about how she is a tourist here and cant work etc.

And yeah the will idea is great i will get onto that now.

Thanks again mate massive help here

·
Registered
198 Posts
with food yes it is mostly paid by cash as i get paid in cash though at times has been paid with card but mostly cash so how could i show this??

yeah i was thinking about the joint bank account but my goal is to submit the visa before xmas and if i open a joint bank account now its wont have much history their ive stated in the write up im doing for financials that my gf has access to my debit card and also their is always money for her when she needs to go shopping and so fourth

In regards to the house my parents own it yes i do pay them a small amount of money each month though again i pay this in cash, i am already getting them to write a stat dec each saying how we stay here and that they allow it for as long as we need etc

Yeah i have stated something similar about how she is a tourist here and cant work etc.

And yeah the will idea is great i will get onto that now.

Thanks again mate massive help here
The joint bank account serves the purpose of strengthening your evidence of a committed relationship, not just as a source of transactions. She will have a card in her name and I scanned this as evidence along with mine and the bank account number and a scan of the account details from the bank website.

Keep a journal of expenses that you pay as cash then print and scan it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.