Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

A dear friend of mine is about to get married to an Australian man who holds another nationality too. Is there a way to find out if that man has sponsored a Partner visa for someone else in the past? Or to find out if he was himself sponsored by someone for the same visa?

I know this sounds like a silly question but the dynamic of this relationship and the cultural background of the couple involved means my friend can't ask this question to the man directly without offending him. It's a silly culture but it is what it is, so it would be awesome if there is a way for my friend to make such an inquiry behind the man's back. After all, it's her life and Australian visa prospects that are on the line here.

Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Westly. But is there a way to know these things before filing any visa applications and without letting the man know?
There is reason for my friend to not trust the man 100% on this matter at this stage. She wants to make sure she knows the full story before she spends a $100k on the wedding and uproots her life physically and emotionally.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Thanks Westly. But is there a way to know these things before filing any visa applications and without letting the man know?
There is reason for my friend to not trust the man 100% on this matter at this stage. She wants to make sure she knows the full story before she spends a $100k on the wedding and uproots her life physically and emotionally.
You realise that this entire thread would ring massive alarm bells for the department right?

The fact this information is not known between the couple and the large sums of money involved..

No you can't get the information - ask the question indirectly, if it's rude to ask then give them the paperwork and get then to fill it in.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the warning, Mania.
Yes the request does seem quite odd in the Australian context but it's all down to the dogmatic customs of the culture of the couple involved. Their to-be marriage is an "arranged" one where the couple get to know each other closely only after the wedding. In such a situation, my friend is finding it very hard to get confirmation from the guy about his past visa applications, if any at all.
Anyway, thank you. I'll advise my friend to be courageous and somehow bring this up with her to-be husband.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Thanks for the warning, Mania.
Yes the request does seem quite odd in the Australian context but it's all down to the dogmatic customs of the culture of the couple involved. Their to-be marriage is an "arranged" one where the couple get to know each other closely only after the wedding. In such a situation, my friend is finding it very hard to get confirmation from the guy about his past visa applications, if any at all.
Anyway, thank you. I'll advise my friend to be courageous and somehow bring this up with her to-be husband.
Get the parents to bring it up with the gentleman in question, or his parents.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.