Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that migrated to Australia with your spouse being on a visa 309/100

how easy was for your sponsor to find employment in Australia? After living overseas and then returning back to Australia? or if you have never lived in Australia but have Australian citizenship?

how about you the visa 309/100 holder, how difficult was for you to find employment being that you don't have local experience?

·
Registered
111 Posts
For those that migrated to Australia with your spouse being on a visa 309/100

how easy was for your sponsor to find employment in Australia? After living overseas and then returning back to Australia? or if you have never lived in Australia but have Australian citizenship?

how about you the visa 309/100 holder, how difficult was for you to find employment being that you don't have local experience?
It depends on many factors, including the field that you are in, years of experience... etc.

So may be you can share more information.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It depends on many factors, including the field that you are in, years of experience... etc.

So may be you can share more information.
I realize we are not the only ones....but to us it is scary to quit our jobs without having something else to go to....plus the fact that we do not have Australian experience.

hubby (sponsor) is in project management (construction)....he has never been out of work....and so far he has applied to multiple jobs whilst overseas....trying to see if he can lock something before our move. But so far nothing...and I understand. He is overseas and will be more difficult even though he is Australian citizen.

we are going on a 10 day vacation to try to meet up with head hunters....now that I have my visa this is becoming surreal, scary and exciting at the same time.

The scary part is not being able to find a job once we make the move. We are both professionals like many on this board. I just wanted to get feedback on what others have experienced without that "Australian experience"....and yes we are both coming from Canada an English speaking country but we don't take that for granted either. We realize there may be challenges.
:(

We are young at heart :D in our late 40s. So i'm concerned though we have 18+ yrs work experience the lack of local experience may not be in our favour at our age.....does that make sense?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.