Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi can you please help me on what the best visa to apply to get to Australia? Me and my first cousin fell in love with each other a couple of years ago and now we're both in a long distance relationship for almost three years now. We only met once a year in our relationship and we want to start a new chapter of our life in Australia since first cousin marriage is legal there. I haven't seen or talked to him when we were kids and it was our first time to meet each other when he had a holidays here a few years ago. Both our families don't know about our relationship. I know this is taboo but I hope you will understand us and would give us advices about our visa.

·
Registered
91 Posts
You haven't given any details on your situation at all. First of all what country are you from? Your age? Profession? Financial situation? These are all relevant to what visa you could get. Since by your post it sounds like neither of you are in Australia yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply ZoeKaur. He is an Australian Citizen and is living in Australia while I'm a Filipino citizen and staying here in Philippines. He have a permanent job there but he doesn't have a house yet and still living with his parent. I am currently working as an accountant here in the Philippines. We are both in legal age by the way he's 27 and I'm 25 years old. I'm thinking to get a fiance visa but I'm confused if whether we are qualified since he's my first cousin. We don't have the same last name. Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And also we already met each other and have an evidence of our genuine relationship. But I was worried as well coz he doesn't have his own house yet and I was wondering if it's one of the requirements needed for him to prove that he could support me.

·
Super Moderator
2,111 Posts
And also we already met each other and have an evidence of our genuine relationship. But I was worried as well coz he doesn't have his own house yet and I was wondering if it's one of the requirements needed for him to prove that he could support me.
There is currently no financial requirements for a Prospective marriage visa.
In fact we have had members successfully apply while they were receiving Centrelink payments.(Welfare).
T main requirements for a Prospective marriage visa, are that you have met in person, and you can prove you are in a relationship .
If you unsure of your position, may I suggest you contact one of the Registered Migration Agents on this Forum, Westly Russell is one of the RMAs who specializes in Philippine applications.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks a lot aussiesteve. That would great to talk to one of the RMA agents it would help enlightened my confused mind. But he's my first cousin though so so does it affect if I'll apply for fiance visa?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks for your reply ZoeKaur. He is an Australian Citizen and is living in Australia while I'm a Filipino citizen and staying here in Philippines. He have a permanent job there but he doesn't have a house yet and still living with his parent. I am currently working as an accountant here in the Philippines. We are both in legal age by the way he's 27 and I'm 25 years old. I'm thinking to get a fiance visa but I'm confused if whether we are qualified since he's my first cousin. We don't have the same last name. Thanks.
First cousin is not a problem - Australia is alarmingly tolerant on inbreeding.

But just saying "We are engaged" will not necessarily work.

·
Premium Member
10,519 Posts
Speak to a registered migration agent and see which is better PMV (you need to be engaged and plan to marry within 9 months of the grant) or a skilled visa (since you are an accountant). I am unsure if an accountant in the Philippines will pass a skills assessment but a migration agent will know. Also with accountants you do need a lot of points to get an invite as there are so many applying.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.