Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about 189 Skilled Independent Visa. Together with my husband we've been granted this visa two days ago. He is the primary applicant and I am a secondary. Is there any way I can enter Australia without him? For some reasons he doesn't want to go to Australia to validate the visa. So I have to find a way to keep my visa in this case. I put so much effort to this visa and I want to live in Australia. In my grant letter there is no information about entry conditions (only the date of the first entry).

Please advice if you know any proved information about this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello Janics,

On the primary visa applicant's grant letter and yours there will be a "must not arrive after" date. You must enter Australia before that date but you cannot enter Australia before the main visa applicant who is your husband. This is a legal requirement.

Best of luck with your travel to Australia.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
H You must enter Australia before that date but you cannot enter Australia before the main visa applicant who is your husband. This is a legal requirement.
This is not correct, unless the visa grant letter specifically lists the relevant condition.

For example: condition 8502 :The holder of the visa must not enter Australia before the entry to Australia of a person specified in the visa.

If the visa has nil conditions then this does not apply.

Reactions: janics and ozdust1

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is not correct, unless the visa grant letter specifically lists the relevant condition.

For example: condition 8502 :The holder of the visa must not enter Australia before the entry to Australia of a person specified in the visa.

If the visa has nil conditions then this does not apply.
Thank you for your reply! I don't have any conditions like this in my grant letter. But how can I be sure that I can go without him? I can't find such information on the Home Affairs website

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
Thank you for your reply! I don't have any conditions like this in my grant letter. But how can I be sure that I can go without him? I can't find such information on the Home Affairs website
If your visa doesn't say that you cannot go without your husband, then you are fine to go ahead to Australia.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
You won’t find this information on the DOHA website. Visa conditions are attached to individual visas.

If there was any such condition it would be clearly noted on your visa grant letter.

Reactions: janics

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You won't find this information on the DOHA website. Visa conditions are attached to individual visas.

If there was any such condition it would be clearly noted on your visa grant letter.
Thank you so much! It means a lot!

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Condition 8502 requires the holder not to enter Australi a ahead of the person specified (by name) in the visa.

Condition 8502 expressly does not apply to skilled visa subclasses to which the 1 July 2012 SkillSelect arrangements apply.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello Janics,

On the primary visa applicant's grant letter and yours there will be a "must not arrive after" date. You must enter Australia before that date but you cannot enter Australia before the main visa applicant who is your husband. This is a legal requirement.

Best of luck with your travel to Australia.
I have a question about 189 Skilled Independent Visa. Together with my husband we've been granted this visa two days ago. He is the primary applicant and I am a secondary. Is there any way I can enter Australia without him? For some reasons he doesn't want to go to Australia to validate the visa. So I have to find a way to keep my visa in this case. I put so much effort to this visa and I want to live in Australia. In my grant letter there is no information about entry conditions (only the date of the first entry).

Please advice if you know any proved information about this.
Hi Janice;
I applied for my 189 visa in September 2017. I am still waiting for their reply. I am from Pakistan.
Can you please inform me when did you apply for visa and where are you from?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.