Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just applied for a tourist visa for my fiance in the Philippines, feeling confident this time after a couple of refusals, but that's not reason for this post.

Assuming its granted, and is one of the multiple entry of three months at a time type, what is best to do?

Apply for a 3 month visit or do a shorter one to show that she wasn't/isn't a flight risk

Also, do i book a return flight or one way then a one way back when we know when she will be going back to the Philippines?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Visit in line with what it says in your grant letter.

What's easiest for you? Usually booking a return is cheaper.
thanks for that.

at the moment for a three month stay it looks like it would be cheaper to buy a one way now then wait for a month or two until booking the return flight.
just didn't want her to have a problem when entering the country if they ask about why a one way flight

·
Super Moderator
2,134 Posts
thanks for that.

at the moment for a three month stay it looks like it would be cheaper to buy a one way now then wait for a month or two until booking the return flight.
just didn't want her to have a problem when entering the country if they ask about why a one way flight
Book a return ticket if you want to avoid A LOT of trouble, take this from first hand experience ( plus a lot of times return tickets are cheaper). Also don't book the ticket until you have the visa grant.
Visa's from the Philippines are a lottery, over the last 30 odd years we have had numerous friends and family visit, and there seems to be no rhyme nor reason in the granting process.
Good Luck

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Just applied for a tourist visa for my fiance in the Philippines, feeling confident this time after a couple of refusals, but that's not reason for this post.

Assuming its granted, and is one of the multiple entry of three months at a time type, what is best to do?

Apply for a 3 month visit or do a shorter one to show that she wasn't/isn't a flight risk

Also, do i book a return flight or one way then a one way back when we know when she will be going back to the Philippines?

thanks in advance
Get a return ticket. If you try to leave the Philippines on a one way ticket, they may not let you board the flight.

We had that issue at Manila airport, where they insisted on seeing the return ticket. I had it in my bag, and I remember nervously digging around for it, hoping I could find it.

We bought a one way from Manila to Brisbane, which went via Sydney, and another one way Darwin to Manila, for the return. It was cheaper than a full return Brisbane-Manila. We knew we wouldn't use that particular return trip, so it was bought as a throw away.

A normal return ticket is good if you know for sure you will use the return, or if it has cheap date change fees.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Also don't book the ticket until you have the visa grant
I agree. So many people book first, then complain when they don't get the visa in time, or not at all.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree. So many people book first, then complain when they don't get the visa in time, or not at all.
yeah, that much we know

she has been refused a visa twice this year, we are hoping that now we have a longer history together we will be successful this time

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
yeah, that much we know

she has been refused a visa twice this year, we are hoping that now we have a longer history together we will be successful this time
Your history together just gives her more of a reason to abscond.

You need to address the reasons for the previous refusals in order to succeed.

·
Registered
84 Posts
You have to have a return ticket when you leave the Philippines as a Tourist because immigration will offload you if only one-way ticket. :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
update...

after many prayers to the visa gods my fiance has been granted the standard tourist visa, 3 months multiple entry :)

so I will be looking at booking a return flight, or two one ways, but is there anything else we need to do?

is it as simple as printing out the visa grant letter and taking that with her and presenting it at the airport along with her passport?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Basically, when i left for the first time the IO asked me for many stuff because it was my first time and i was travelling alone but initially what you will hand to them is the Return Ticket, copy of the visa and the filled up departure card :).

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Basically, when i left for the first time the IO asked me for many stuff because it was my first time and i was travelling alone but initially what you will hand to them is the Return Ticket, copy of the visa and the filled up departure card :).
thanks.

it will be her first time too, so anything else she needs to pack, is there still a chance she will get stopped leaving the country?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi i am not really sure what will the IO ask from her because it will really depend on them but i was reading some helpful tips before i came here for the first time.what they asked from me was photos of my partner and i when he was in PH, invitation letter, his passport copy and also the IO reads some of our recent conversation that time. As what i have said, it maybe or may not be ask from her. It will really depends :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so if she has all that has been mentioned, is there still a chance that she will not be allowed to leave manila?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hi all, a short update and one final question (for now) :)

She is now here, on a 80 day visitor visa. She got interviewed when leaving Manila but luckily for us the immigration people deemed her not to be a flight risk.

Entering Aus she sailed though immigration, which leads me to my question;

In her passport there is a departure stamp from the Philippines, however nothing at all for entering Australia. Is this normal, perhaps because it's a new e-passport type?

Thanks in advance, and also thanks for all the advice given already

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.