Australia Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm currently on a BVA and have 6547 6-month work limitation. I was checking out this immi site and saw the following: 6 month work limitation

You do not need to ask our permission to work with the same employer for up to 12 months if you work in different locations and work in any one location does not exceed six months.
For example you can:
  • work for two hotels in the same chain at different premises
  • work for independently-owned franchises in different workplaces
  • work for State and Territory schools and health care facilities at different addresses
  • work at two different orchards owned by the same business with the one ABN (Australian Business Number)
  • work for a subsidiary company (owned by the same parent company) but the ABN on your payslip is different
  • work for different businesses (separate legal entities with different ABNs) owned by the same employer
  • be self-employed and provide services to the same business for more than six months as long as that business is not the only business you provide services to during that time
  • work for independently-owned franchises, even though they operate under the same business name
  • work from home or work remotely, during COVID-19

Does this mean I can indeed be employed by a single company here in Australia for up to 12 months if I am working from home during COVID? Just a little confused because the first sentence is talking about working in different locations. Thanks in advance!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts