Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I was wondering if anyone would be able to answer my question. I have been granted a PMV 300 and during the application I had to submit a Form 1229 which was completed by the father of my son to give permission for me to apply for my sons visa.... I will soon be applying for the 820/801 visa following my wedding and I have seen that again I need to submit a Form 1229 for my son. Does anyone know if I can submit the same one as I used for the PMV 300 or do I need to get a completely new one completed by my sons father. The current one will be over a year old by the time I apply for the 820/801 in July of this year.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Hi
I was wondering if anyone would be able to answer my question. I have been granted a PMV 300 and during the application I had to submit a Form 1229 which was completed by the father of my son to give permission for me to apply for my sons visa.... I will soon be applying for the 820/801 visa following my wedding and I have seen that again I need to submit a Form 1229 for my son. Does anyone know if I can submit the same one as I used for the PMV 300 or do I need to get a completely new one completed by my sons father. The current one will be over a year old by the time I apply for the 820/801 in July of this year.
Thanks in advance!
I just submitted the same form 1229 for the 820/801 that I used for the 300.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Skye - but was your second application more than a year old ie was the letter of permission from the other parent over 12 mths old?

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Skye - but was your second application more than a year old ie was the letter of permission from the other parent over 12 mths old?
It was 13 months old by the time I made the 820/801 application from a 300.

As far as I'm aware, the form does not state a validity period, nor does the partner visa DoHA website. I have never read myself that it is only valid for 12 months either.

Seeing as partner visas from initial application to permanent residency can take upwards of four or five years, it would be ridiculous to ask someone to provide a new form every 12 months.

I have also not read on here of someone being asked to resubmit a form 1229 for another partner visa stage after having already supplied the form for a previous stage of partner visa that was granted. Not to say it has happened, I have just not seen it yet. Anything is possible with immigration.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.