Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm in the process of applying for a de facto visa. I need to waiver the 6 month work limitation to stay in my current job.

Has anyone recently used the form 1445 and been successful? Just wondering how likely it is to get granted and how long it takes?

Any help would be great

Thanks! M x

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
It seems fast-ish.

It also seems that the only for a short period is not always applied by Immigration.

Don't get much feed back on here when the questions are asked. The RMA's possible can give more info.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi mac92,

Did it come through and how long did it take?

I have submitted my 1445 as I await a decision on a 482 visa, but only gave it a week in advance (as my visa application was only submitted last week).

How long did it take for you to get an answer?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey,

I would have been waiting 4 weeks on Friday. Have you had a reply yet?
Hey,

Yes, I got my waiver in the end, the day before my 6 months was up. Very stressful!!

I ended up sending them loads of emails, and rang the helpline (131 881) 3 days in a row. The helpline was what eventually worked for me, though I had to wait on hold 1.5 hours each time.

When you ring, it automatically brings you to a recorded menu. Listen through that and don't select any options and eventually the line will ring. You will get put on hold and eventually get through to a helper. Have your passport number with you. Just explain your situation and they will recommend. Though if you're case isn't urgent that may be the reason yours hasn't been approved - but I don't know to be honest.

Hope this helps and best of luck with it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
1445 urgent email address?

Hi guys,

Similar to previous messages, my partner submitted her 1445 form 2 weeks ago but hasn't received the waiver yet. Her 6 months expires in just over a week. Her 457 application was lodged in January. Can anyone send me the correct email address to follow up with?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. I’m in the same situation, I’m currently on a WHV until Sept when my 187 visa kicks in. I’m defacto on my partners 187. I sent the 1445 form off over 5 weeks ago now to the email address given on the 1445 and haven’t received a response. I got in touch with my agent and sent the 1445 off to the processing office dealing with my 187 3 weeks ago and haven’t had a response from them either I’m starting to get really worried now as it’s 2 weeks until my 6 months is up. What I find strange is why it is taking so long I done this last year and got a waiver within 4 days. Very stressful !!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would follow up as they seem to be approved within a few days in most cases I've seen?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi. I'm in the same situation, I'm currently on a WHV until Sept when my 187 visa kicks in. I'm defacto on my partners 187. I sent the 1445 form off over 5 weeks ago now to the email address given on the 1445 and haven't received a response. I got in touch with my agent and sent the 1445 off to the processing office dealing with my 187 3 weeks ago and haven't had a response from them either I'm starting to get really worried now as it's 2 weeks until my 6 months is up. What I find strange is why it is taking so long I done this last year and got a waiver within 4 days. Very stressful !!!
Hi, Danny!

Hope all is well for you now.

I'm waiting for my nomination from my current employer. I sent the email to email address in the form and been waiting but haven't received any reply yet. I called the home affairs and they told me I sent it to the right email address.

May I know how long it takes for you to finally received the waiver? My 6months would be up in 2 weeks and I'm very stressful right now.

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey,

Yes, I got my waiver in the end, the day before my 6 months was up. Very stressful!!

I ended up sending them loads of emails, and rang the helpline (131 881) 3 days in a row. The helpline was what eventually worked for me, though I had to wait on hold 1.5 hours each time.

When you ring, it automatically brings you to a recorded menu. Listen through that and don't select any options and eventually the line will ring. You will get put on hold and eventually get through to a helper. Have your passport number with you. Just explain your situation and they will recommend. Though if you're case isn't urgent that may be the reason yours hasn't been approved - but I don't know to be honest.

Hope this helps and best of luck with it!
Out of interest, what did the letter from your employer state? I work through an agency and am after some direction

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.