Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently filling out Form 40sp as I am the Australian sponsor in my partnership visa with my Canadian partner. There is a question which asks do I have outstanding debts owing to the Australian Government or any public authority in Australia?

I bank with Westpac and currently have a car loan which I am paying off as well as a joint mortgage with my mother (we own an apartment together which she lives in and pays mortgage for). Do these count as outstanding debts in this situation?

Any help would be much appreciated.

laurarose89

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
I am currently filling out Form 40sp as I am the Australian sponsor in my partnership visa with my Canadian partner. There is a question which asks do I have outstanding debts owing to the Australian Government or any public authority in Australia?

I bank with Westpac and currently have a car loan which I am paying off as well as a joint mortgage with my mother (we own an apartment together which she lives in and pays mortgage for). Do these count as outstanding debts in this situation?

Any help would be much appreciated.

laurarose89
No. They are talking about government entities.

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
This might be a close description of the debts being referred to:
A sum of money owing to the Commonwealth which is known and not being disputed, due for payment now and legally capable of being recovered in a legal action for debt.​
The Commonwealth in this instance probably refers to all Australian Governments.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.