Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone! I would like to ask for some help regarding a problem I have with my visa 189 application.

So I have lodged my 189 visa application on the 21 of January 2016. I did not claim points for employment but I still filled in the employment history part with my Registered Nurse work experiences from overseas and the one that I am currently employed in now in Australia. As they are all less than a year long, I have marked them as not relevant.

I have come to Australia 3 years ago and have since worked in different fields, childcare and as a nursing assistant. These work experiences, I did not put down in my employment history in both EOI and Visa application.

However, after reading through the forum I have discovered the Form 80 and I believe I need to put in detail all my employment history. But seeing that I have missed to mention a few jobs in the EOI and visa application form, would this cause a problem? What is the best course of action? Is it okay for EOI/Visa employment history to have some difference with Form 80?

I would very much appreciate any response.

Cheers,
Kay

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
If you end up submitting the completed form 80, either voluntarily or upon request of your CO, I'd probably also complete and submit form 1023 Notification of Incorrect Answers so that your form 80 is consistent with the application. I don't think it would be grounds for refusal of your visa if they weren't consistent for non-relevant work experience, but it's always better safe vs. sorry.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I also have an issue with form 80.

I am about to lodge the visa application for 190. I do not claim work experience, is there any chance they will verify the jobs I include in form 80?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dear Maggie,

I’m having few queries on the question in visa application “has the applicant been employed in the last 10 years”.

I have completed Relevant Skilled Employment Assessment from Engineers Australia for the work experience from Sep 2006 to Oct 2010 and Feb 2011 to May 2016. (Total 9 years 4 months) and filled these details exactly in the EOI.

I also worked from Oct 2005 to Aug 2006 (10 months) and Nov 2010 to Jan 2011 (3 months), total 13 months experience and didn’t mention this employment history in EOI or got assessment since I do not have experience / reference letters.

1. Is it advisable to mention this 13 months of work experience on visa application and mark as not related to the nominated position just to show total 10 years of work experience?
2. Is 9 years 4 months of work experience is sufficient to claim the points or do we have to show 10 years of work experience?
3. Can we add new employment details on the visa application or will it contradict the details provided in the EOI? I’ve read on forums, providing new info on visa application which is not mentioned on EOI will be subjected to rejection of application.
4. Do you want me to fill the same info which has been provided in EOI without making changes in the visa application?
5. If I do not mention this employment details (13 months) on visa application, I'll have to give complete employment history on FORM 80. Will DIBP ask me to submit reference letters for this employment? Pls. advise.

Thank you in advance for your patience to respond to my queries.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.