Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

In the 'Recommended' documents to attach on the online application for 801 visa is has the 'Form 80 Personal particulars for character assessment'.

Form 80 isn't on the visa 801 required documents checklist so I am wondering how necessary this is? Is it required?

Also I notice on the little question mark help icons that it says Passport copies should be certified... however as I understand it just uploading a color scan of passports that are uncertified are sufficient. Is this still true or have things changed?

Cheers everyone, you're all a great help!

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Hello everyone,

In the 'Recommended' documents to attach on the online application for 801 visa is has the 'Form 80 Personal particulars for character assessment'.

Form 80 isn't on the visa 801 required documents checklist so I am wondering how necessary this is? Is it required?

Also I notice on the little question mark help icons that it says Passport copies should be certified... however as I understand it just uploading a color scan of passports that are uncertified are sufficient. Is this still true or have things changed?

Cheers everyone, you're all a great help!
Don't follow the "Recommended" documents checklist in immi. It's a generic list that does not apply to every case. Follow the 801/100 visa checklist on the immigration website. Form 80 is not listed as a requirement.

Certified copies are for paper applications only (because you obviously wouldn't send in your original passport). If applying online, just supply a clear color scan of the documents.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Don't follow the "Recommended" documents checklist in immi. It's a generic list that does not apply to every case. Follow the 801/100 visa checklist on the immigration website. Form 80 is not listed as a requirement.

Certified copies are for paper applications only (because you obviously wouldn't send in your original passport). If applying online, just supply a clear color scan of the documents.
Awesome, that's what I thought and it's the checklist we have been following.
I appreciate the clear and concise answer. Cheers!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Has the form 80 been a new addition to the applications, or was it something we missed when we first started this process?

We are yet to receive our 820 (submitted May 7, 2017) but I don't recall anything regarding a form 80

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
It wasn't listed as a requirement at the 820 stage when you applied but that doesn't mean they weren't s requesting it of applicants. Usually from high risk countries but I know of someone from the US was asked for it back in 2016. I applied for partner visas in 2015 and 2016 and was never asked to supply it.

They may or may not ask for it from you. You can always just fill it out and upload it anyway.

It's only been listed as a requirement on the website since they updated it mid to end last year.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It wasn't listed as a requirement at the 820 stage when you applied but that doesn't mean they weren't s requesting it of applicants. Usually from high risk countries but I know of someone from the US was asked for it back in 2016. I applied for partner visas in 2015 and 2016 and was never asked to supply it.

They may or may not ask for it from you. You can always just fill it out and upload it anyway.

It's only been listed as a requirement on the website since they updated it mid to end last year.
Thanks for the quick reply Skybluebrewer, and for all the information you provide in this forum.

Going back I did receive a generic email from "Partner Temporary QLD <[email protected]>" ages ago and in that email it did ask for a form 80.
Think this is just generic email sent to both high and low-risk countries? I'm not afraid to get started on it if it's needed.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.