Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey quick question....

If I am applying for a 820 visa , on the first questions asking if I am applying in Australia for "a further temporary stay" or a "permanent residence"...? which one is the correct t tick? Since you want the final outcome to be a permanent residence with the 801 visa... Does it matter? I just ticked permanent residence, since that is actually what i am ultimately applying for.

a bit confusing to me.

any help is greatly appreciated =)

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
This is incorrect. when you apply for a 820 visa you are applying for a temporary visa which after 2 years will be assessed and if you still qualify you will move from a 820 to a 801 visa which is perm.

you can apply directly for 801 PR if you meet some conditions such as if you and your partner have kids together or you have been dating and living together for 3+ years.

If not you just select temp and that application counts for the 820 and 801 visa.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i have applied for the 820 visa and now waiting for the outcome, i handed in the evidence of my wife`s pregnency.(delivery on sep 2011)
i just handed in my application on march 2011.
i want to know if my application is succeessfully assessed. which visa i will get? 820 or 801...
thanks for your reply

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.