Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,
I'm filling in form 80 for my partner whom I'm sponsoring for the partner visa (onshore). I'm a PR holder myself but grew up in Australia and we travelled to Australia together recently.

Q42 of form 80 asks
Do you have a partner...Migrating with you?
Yes, we entered Australia together but I actually migrated over 30 years ago for the first time and I was just travelling back.
I'm not sure whether to tick yes or no here.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Form 80, Online Partner Visa 820/801 Application

Hi! I just recently lodged my onshore Partner Visa application online. I saw there's a FORM 8P Personal Particulars for ulars for character assessment on the List of Attachments. Is it really a must to include that form? It goes under RECOMMENDED but based on experience have any of you still upload this form even if you lodged an online application? As the questions on this form were also on the online form when I applied for it. Thank you.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
You are likely to be asked for that form. While the questions are similar to the online partner visa application, the form is a separate form and used for a different purpose.

Many people choose to just bite the bullet and upload this form rather than wait to be asked for it and have a short timeframe to complete it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
You are likely to be asked for that form. While the questions are similar to the online partner visa application, the form is a separate form and used for a different purpose.

Many people choose to just bite the bullet and upload this form rather than wait to be asked for it and have a short timeframe to complete it.
Okay. Thank you so much! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi I am Newbie here but glad I found this forum..I have already applied for partner visa. Im filling up form 80 right now and i have kids in my country. What should I tick on the question under the children migrating with you, i have a plan of bringing them in the future ,should I tick yes while for the meantime I am waiting for my permanency? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
Hi I am Newbie here but glad I found this forum..I have already applied for partner visa. Im filling up form 80 right now and i have kids in my country. What should I tick on the question under the children migrating with you, i have a plan of bringing them in the future ,should I tick yes while for the meantime I am waiting for my permanency? Thank you in advance.
If they are coming with you on this visa application, then I would say YES.

But if they are not migrating with you now, then I would say NO.

They may still need medicals etc., as immigration will assume you plan to bring them one day, and want to have an idea about them in advance, before granting your visa.

They will probably still have to do medicals again, in their own applications in the future.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If they are coming with you on this visa application, then I would say YES.

But if they are not migrating with you now, then I would say NO.

They may still need medicals etc., as immigration will assume you plan to bring them one day, and want to have an idea about them in advance, before granting your visa.

They will probably still have to do medicals again, in their own applications in the future.
Thank you for the response thats a big help.. 🙂

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.