Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My first time at this forum, and I have a question :)

I met my fiance while I was studying in Russia, and after her recent visit to Australia, we are engaged and applying for the Prospective Marriage Visa.

I have asked 1 of my friends to complete the 888 form, but he is not sure if it is possible due to Conflict of Interest.

He works for the Department of Immigration in Adelaide, where he only deals with Student Visas, primarily Chinese and Indian applicants.

Anyway, I wanted him to complete the form as he knows more about the history of our relationship and has met my fiance personally on a few occassions.

But does the fact that he works for Immigration, make it impossible for him to complete this form, that will be for this type of Visa and decided in Moscow?

I hope not, and he told me he is attempting to find the answer, but thought I would also ask this question here, and see if somebody knows the answer :)

Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Though we've had a few people posting on relationship visas, not one has indicated declarations by someone within immi so I would not hold your breath waiting for someone with such experience to respond.

I'd expect your friend ought to be able to find an answer for you almost immediately, my personal view being that it should not matter for people working have to work somewhere!

Shoot an email into immi yourself if you doubt the friend can get good info.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response.

I imagine he should get a response next week, after posing the question to the relevant people on Friday. But I am probably stressing much more about every detail, so I am hoping for the quickest answer possible :)

I think that it should be fine, so hoping for a good response!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.