Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering for the sake of making things easier, can our friends that live outside Australia use form 888 to write out their statutory declarations, but get it stamped by a notary i.e.Cyprus?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I was just wondering for the sake of making things easier, can our friends that live outside Australia use form 888 to write out their statutory declarations, but get it stamped by a notary i.e.Cyprus?
Form 888 states:
This form must be completed by a person who:
• knows the visa applicant and their partner or fiancé(e) and
the history of their relationship;
• is at least 18 years of age; and
is an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident.
If those friends are Australian PR or citizens, then yes. If you're having friends fill out stat decs, you can use a stat dec template.

Also it states:

If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident and you reside outside Australia, your statement cannot be considered a statutory declaration under Australian law, even if it is made using this form or the template provided by the Attorney-General's Department.

However, under policy, your statement should be witnessed or certified according to the legal practices of the country in which you make the statement. Failing that, it should be witnessed by a person
whose occupation or qualification is comparable to those listed above. This person should sign, date and specify their occupation at the bottom of the statement
It appears that Form 888 is for Australian PR and citizens.

·
Registered
238 Posts
My understanding is Stat Decs can be done by anyone but as Eh? mentioned, yes to Form 888 being used by Australian's. There is also another form you can get for statutory declarations but I am not sure where the link is. Found it on this forum.
It can be used by everyone else - OR, just have other friends and family write it on a piece of paper and provide their particulars for follow-up.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
My understanding is Stat Decs can be done by anyone but as Eh? mentioned, yes to Form 888 being used by Australian's. There is also another form you can get for statutory declarations but I am not sure where the link is. Found it on this forum.
It can be used by everyone else - OR, just have other friends and family write it on a piece of paper and provide their particulars for follow-up.
That can work as well, or a google search of "Cyprus statutory declaration template" might help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.