Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Brand new here and searched both the forum and google to no avail so hopefully you’ll let this mundane mediocrity slide.

I have a police officer, a lawyer and a banker lined up (I think there’s a joke in there somewhere) ready to support my marriage of 2 years (relationship of 4) for my 801. I’ve listed them and their details and on my first read before application it seems they will be contacted to submit their forms by border and immigration. I’ve since heard some conflicting advice and I’d love to clear it up.

Should they be completing the form themselves or waiting to be contacted to do it? I submitted yesterday and have started attaching supporting documentation today.

Thanks so much

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Should they be completing the form themselves or waiting to be contacted to do it? I submitted yesterday and have started attaching supporting documentation today.

Thanks so much
You need to get the form 888 completed by the relevant people, and you submit it.

They may never be contacted hy immigration.

Reactions: Pacatus

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Is it just coincidence that you've selected people that are also on the list listed on the form? Or is there confusion there and you thought you needed to get people from those professions on the form to act as witnesses to attest to your relationship?

Just curious as it seems the latter.

·
Registered
5,845 Posts
A lawyer walks into a bar. He sees a beautiful woman sitting on a bar stool.
He walks up to her and says, "Hi there, how's it going tonight?"
She turns to him, looks him straight in the eyes and says, "I'll screw anybody at any time, anywhere - your place or my place?
The guy raises his eyebrows and says, "which bank do you work for?"

I don't know what the cop might do, without hard evidence.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is it just coincidence that you've selected people that are also on the list listed on the form? Or is there confusion there and you thought you needed to get people from those professions on the form to act as witnesses to attest to your relationship?

Just curious as it seems the latter.
Heh, nothing so convoluted. I'm lucky to have people with those professions as my friends who have known me and my wife for a decent amount of time.

The immi website says to list them and their contact details which alludes to them being contacted by border and immigration (assumed an qutomated email or some-such). Then I saw the part where they need to be uploaded.

I'm asking them to fill it out and send it back to me independantly now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A lawyer walks into a bar. He sees a beautiful woman sitting on a bar stool.
He walks up to her and says, "Hi there, how's it going tonight?"
She turns to him, looks him straight in the eyes and says, "I'll screw anybody at any time, anywhere - your place or my place?
The guy raises his eyebrows and says, "which bank do you work for?"

I don't know what the cop might do, without hard evidence.
I'm stealing that one mate. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hah! Thanks! It was a highly mundane question so figured some entertaining wording was required to make up for it!

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Heh, nothing so convoluted. I'm lucky to have people with those professions as my friends who have known me and my wife for a decent amount of time.

The immi website says to list them and their contact details which alludes to them being contacted by border and immigration (assumed an qutomated email or some-such). Then I saw the part where they need to be uploaded.

I'm asking them to fill it out and send it back to me independantly now.
Haha, quite the coincidence.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I’ll take it. I first met my then girlfriend of 3 month’s friends at her birthday party, making cocktails. All my form fillers were there.

They were good cocktails.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.