Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

I have a MILLION questions, but the first one i want to start with is wether there is a UK version of the 888 - or do we just get our friends and family to sign a stat dec?

Confuuuuused!!

Thanks everyone :)

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Hey there,

I have a MILLION questions, but the first one i want to start with is wether there is a UK version of the 888 - or do we just get our friends and family to sign a stat dec?

Confuuuuused!!

Thanks everyone :)
First, are the friends and family Australian citizens or PR?

This part was confusing for my partner and I as well. We had her friends and family fill out Queensland State stat decs only to find out (through these forums) that Form 888 needed to be filled out.

However, upon reading the information on the first page of Form 888 I found this:

The department's policy is that these statements be provided in the form of statutory declarations. You may use this form, or alternatively, you may use the statutory declaration template, which is available on the Attorney-General's Department website at www.ag.gov.au
In regards to your question about a UK version of Form 888, I believe this answers that question. Also from the first page of Form 888:

If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident and you reside outside Australia, your statement cannot be considered a statutory declaration under Australian law, even if it is made using this form or the template provided by the Attorney-General's Department.
You will need an Australian citizen or PR to fill out either form 888 (linked here) or, as per my first quote, a statutory declaration template, one that is from the AG Department website.

Good luck, hopefully this information is helpful to you.

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
For the non-Australian citizens and PR holders we just got them to write their statement on a blank piece of paper and sign it and provide a copy of their ID with it. This is what the embassy that we applied at told us to do. We then did it that way too for the 820 and had no issues.

Just make sure you have the minimim 2 888's by Australian citizens/PR first.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
For the non-Australian citizens and PR holders we just got them to write their statement on a blank piece of paper and sign it and provide a copy of their ID with it. This is what the embassy that we applied at told us to do. We then did it that way too for the 820 and had no issues.

Just make sure you have the minimim 2 888's by Australian citizens/PR first.
Hi Mish,

Not to hijack the thread, but can you offer any type of clarity on the 888/stat dec? On the actual form itself, it says "You may use this form, or alternatively, you may use the statutory declaration template, which is available on the Attorney-General's Department website at www.ag.gov.au".

By that description, a stat dec would suffice, wouldn't it? As long as we have clear color scans of the passports (showing AU citizenship) certified by a JP?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
Hi Mish,

Not to hijack the thread, but can you offer any type of clarity on the 888/stat dec? On the actual form itself, it says "You may use this form, or alternatively, you may use the statutory declaration template, which is available on the Attorney-General's Department website at www.ag.gov.au".

By that description, a stat dec would suffice, wouldn't it? As long as we have clear color scans of the passports (showing AU citizenship) certified by a JP?

Thanks.
Maybe a migration agent will answer 100% but my opinion is that a stat dec is fine as long as all the information on the 888 is included.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.