Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve had 2 of our form 888’s completed (one from Oz and one from the UK) and under the “Declared at” box I have one that has put where they made the declaration and the other friend has put the time. What is the correct entry for that box please...a place or a time??

·
Registered
974 Posts
I've had 2 of our form 888's completed (one from Oz and one from the UK)
Is the person from the UK an Australian citizen or permanent resident? I believe your 888 has to be completed by two people who meet that criteria. On the form it states:

This form must be completed by a person who:
• knows the visa applicant and their partner or fiancé(e) and
the history of their relationship;
• is at least 18 years of age; and
• is an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident.
It does also mention having a non-citizen or permanent resident being able to complete the form should you not be able to have two citizens or PR be able to do so.

under the "Declared at" box I have one that has put where they made the declaration and the other friend has put the time. What is the correct entry for that box please...a place or a time??
I had a look at the ones we submitted for our visa and declared at was filled in by the JP witnessing the signature. For example, my mother in law's says "declared at 'location' before me 'JP name' on..."

We also didn't use the form 888 itself but had our witnesses use a Queensland State Stat Dec.

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
I've had 2 of our form 888's completed (one from Oz and one from the UK) and under the "Declared at" box I have one that has put where they made the declaration and the other friend has put the time. What is the correct entry for that box please...a place or a time??
The correct entry is place.

Reactions: Lelliott75

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. We will actually have 4 form 888’s to attach but only one of them is filled in by an Australian citizen...the other 3 are UK citizens. I know those ones won’t be official statutory declarations but they will still be witnessed by the appropriate person over here. I assume that using the form 888 is ok for those 3 people?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.