Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

My husband and I are preparing to submit our 801 application this June 2018.
He is the applicant and I am the sponsor.

In March this year, my husband received a job offer in Brisbane and I have stayed behind in Sydney. Our separation is temporary for a few months while he settles down in his new job. He has been flying back to Sydney every 2-3 weeks.
We consider it like a FIFO job as our primary residence is still in Sydney and he is only in Brisbane for work.

1. Do we need to submit form 929 to inform immi of his new residential address, given that our main residence and all his correspondence is still addressed to Sydney?
He doesn't have a fixed address yet as when he started his job, he was living in AirBNBs. Following that, he found a room to rent in the past month, but is currently looking for another new accommodation.
2. Also on form 929 (Changing your address and/or passport details), an option says that he can update his details online on his immi account. However it does not give the option of updating RESIDENTIAL or CORRESPONDENCE address. It's essentially only 1 address so we kept it as our main home address in Sydney.

We have come this far, I don't want to be penalised by immi just for the sake of not updating addresses.
Any advice from anyone who has experienced this scenario before?

Thank you.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.