Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

As part of my offshore visa application, it seems I have to submit forms 80 and 1221. My questions are:

1. They ask me to provide a residential address in Australia (or where I plan to stay). My visa's not granted yet, and I don't have any address in Australia. Do I leave it blank?

2. They also ask me to provide an intended date of arrival. Once again, I don't know when this will happen.

How am I supposed to answer these? Anyone submitted these forms before, and what did you put in?

Thanks, any answers will be much appreciated :)

·
Premium Member
6,604 Posts
Leave them blank and provide an explanation at the "additional information" page.

Reactions: CollegeGirl

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Hello ashleigh
Ok the address you give is where will you be staying once you arrive here in Australia, usually your sponsor has to provide some were for you to stay whilst here, the immigration need to know an address. What you can do is on the form additional information write and let them know that at the present time you dont have a definite postal address because you will be staying with friends/family ect once you have a more perm address you will forward this to them.

On the second question in regards to the date of arrival you put a reasonable time from application, for example i applied and wrote down the intended date of marriage which was 9 months later, when do expect to arrive in Australia? dont write down in 1 months time for example or asap as this is not accepted. I think its safe to say be reasonable and understand that the application times are quite lengthy so just put a date roughly 1 year from application. hope this helps

Louiseb

·
Premium Member
8,885 Posts
I personally left the arrival date question blank, per my migration agent's instructions. Obviously you won't know when you're going to arrive if your visa hasn't been granted yet.

I would leave the address question blank if you don't have one yet and explain it in the "additional information" section, as CCMS and Louise suggested.

·
Registered
169 Posts
For Arrival/ Departure dates, you can just leave them blank, I just filled the place of arrival because I was sure of that but i dint put any dates, and i dint have any trouble.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.