Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have started researching all the info required for a defacto/partner visa (subclass 309) applying off shore .. however im a little confused.

My partner and I live in the UK (he is Portuguese/EU passport), and myself (dual passport UK/Aus). We been together 1 and a half years, and plan to move to Australia to settle.

He has a child who is 13 years old, she lives with her mother, (he was never married/engaged to the mother). Do we have to send any forms regarding this? As his daughter wont be moving with us, and if she ever came to visit, it wouldnt be longer than the 3 month tourist visa.

Thanks!! :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi, i have started researching all the info required for a defacto/partner visa (subclass 309) applying off shore .. however im a little confused.

My partner and I live in the UK (he is Portuguese/EU passport), and myself (dual passport UK/Aus). We been together 1 and a half years, and plan to move to Australia to settle.

He has a child who is 13 years old, she lives with her mother, (he was never married/engaged to the mother). Do we have to send any forms regarding this? As his daughter wont be moving with us, and if she ever came to visit, it wouldnt be longer than the 3 month tourist visa.

Thanks!! :)
Short answer is yes. There are no additional forms but you will need to state the childs details on your partners form as a dependant. As he has a duty of support. Their concern is that later that person may also want to migrate, sponsor further people and whatnot. It also demonstrates his ability to support himself, and other demands upon his income etc.

In addition she will be required to provide a medical exam even as a non migrating dependant. This part puzzles me. You'll find the info in the Medical Examination section.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Short answer is yes. There are no additional forms but you will need to state the childs details on your partners form as a dependant. As he has a duty of support. Their concern is that later that person may also want to migrate, sponsor further people and whatnot. It also demonstrates his ability to support himself, and other demands upon his income etc.

In addition she will be required to provide a medical exam even as a non migrating dependant. This part puzzles me. You'll find the info in the Medical Examination section.
Thanks for your help!!! really appreciate it... as there is soo much information, it all becomes a bit mind boggling after awhile!

·
Registered
18 Posts

What about the child don't wan to move in Australia and refuse to undergo any Medical animation??? Will it effect main applicant?

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi there.
my husband also applied for partner visa. he also has a son but wont be migrating with him. we only submitted the forms for the applicant and the sponsor, our marriage certificate, our birth certficates (the child's birth certificate was not submitted)

but all the details about the child was written in the forms. we just checked the box indicating that he is not migrating with us.

during the medicals, the main applicant and all dependents are required to undergo medical exam. i think the immi needs to put all details about the applicant and family into their databank.

·
Registered
785 Posts
dumlette...how old are the children? I am under the impression no medical is required if the children are not migrating or maybe it is just if they are under 18.

·
Registered
8 Posts
this is the reply of the embassy:

To be granted an Australian visa all members of the family unit of the applicant must undergo health examinations whether they are migrating or not. This is to ensure that the status of their health, should they wish to migrate later, would not compromise Australia’s health care system. Member of the family unit includes any dependent children of the applicant under the age of 18, regardless of the custody or access arrangements in place.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.