Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The de facto relationship is between Daniel (Australian Citizen) and Alice (From Chiengmai, Thailand). Last Year Alice applied an immigration visa as Daniel’s partner, and her visa has been approved recently. However I personally doubt the authenticity of such relationship.

Alice studied in Melbourne before. During the past few years she was in Melbourne, she always targeted on Australian guys with the hope of obtaining an Australian citizenship. Alice has signed up on dating App to meet local guys. At the end of 2014 she met a guy through dating App and had moved into his house in Frankston. In April 2015, Alice claimed that she met Daniel, who was “more willing” to do partner visa for her, she moved out from Frankston around that time, but still keep a very close relationship with that guy. Unfortunately, Daniel saw the sexual conversation between Alice and other men, he once decided to break up with Alice, but was convinced to stick on the original plans and help Alice to immigrate. Few months later, Daniel started uploading their couple pictures on social media under Alice’s suggestion. In early (February-March) 2016, the couple broke up and Daniel decided to move overseas, however he promised Alice to continue their visa application. Alice started dating new guys. Alice soon found an Italian guy through dating Apo, in June 2016, she changed her status on Facebook stated that she was “married to” (later changed to ‘in a relationship with’) “Sam”, her new boyfriend, she also let everyone around her know about her new relationships. Alice went to Europe and Thailand with Sam in 2016. Meanwhile, Daniel still posted the picture of him and Alice on social media to prove their relationship was still continuing. After the partner visa got approved, Daniel admitted that he regretted doing it but refused to withdraw the visa. He also mentioned that he was going to cooperate with any steps and declaration needed for Alice’s citizenship.

I am not sure if I should report this fraud, as the relationship might not satisfy the requirements of 820/801 visa. Also if I do report, what should I do and what can I mention? Thank you!

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
I think they'll have a VERY hard time supplying evidence needed for her permanent residency (her citizenship won't matter - because for legitimate couples, the relationship status is irrelevant after permanent residency is granted). That said, it should never get to that point, because - yes, I think you should report it. I feel bad for Daniel, but fraud is fraud, and my answer is always going to be yes, report it. It's people like this that make it harder for real couples to get visas.

Reactions: marihanla

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not sure

Well after they broke up and Daniel moved overseas, she has been talking to some guys (in exchange of naked pictures etc) and eventually ended up with Sam. I guess the reason is she knows that local guys won't accept such complicated relationships... While she was dating you she claims that she is still in a relationship with her ex? I am impressed by her determination of searching for white boys honestly. I have seen her sending some sexual pictures to guys she has never met in real life. She is a bit horrible.

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
I would send screenshots of Alice's Facebook showing that she is not in a relationship with Daniel, but is in a relationship with Sam. I would also do screenshots of any romantic photos of Alice and Sam together too. Then I would mention everything you have for immigration - the more the better.

People like Alice and Daniel make it harder to people in genuine relationships to get partner visas. Definitely report it!!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Report it, as Mish said it screws over the genuine applicants and wastes a place in the queue.
I like your statement waste a place in the queue

·
Registered
1 Posts
Agree with everyone here. Report it. Genuine people like myself have to wait years and jump through hoops because of people like this.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Report it, for sure. All of us are going through, or have gone through, the process legally and to be honest, it just isn't fair that someone is essentially working the system to their benefit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.